Fooling around with some Plasti Dip - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fooling around with some Plasti Dip

Finally picked up two cans and started just spraying one piece at a time seeing how i like it. Overall it's more satisfying than any paint work i've done with actual paint just because of how easy it is to apply and take off.

Not sure how i feel about also blacking out the top grill, i'm afraid it'll be too dark especially with the matte black... adding the glossifier clear spray might change that.

I do think maybe blacking out the bottom part of the door handles thats underneath the moving part could be interesting and also using the white dip to do the wheels.

Anyway tell me what you guys think.
maximrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

terrible mock up done in paint for what the bottom piece of the handles will look like dipped.

haven't seen that done yet but i think it's neat, if only the rain would stop

Old 07-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)

dipped? I thought that was the plastic coated schmootz for the handles of tools, not a paint like substance for cars?

2011 Insight LX - 78k miles
jcbesq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 01:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Me too, I can buy a can to dip the handles of tools into. Seems to have a real following online and people have done some neat stuff with it.

I like the front and rear. My front has the upper and bumper cover black matte. I also painted the thingies under the turn signals black to give it more of a contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbesq View Post
dipped? I thought that was the plastic coated schmootz for the handles of tools, not a paint like substance for cars?

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbesq View Post
that was the original product in the dipping can. They then came out with a spray paint like version of the formula. It works just like any other spray paint can you can buy but peels right off like a film that you have on a new car when you first buy it. Also comes in many colors.

also costs just a little over $6 a can. can't really beat that.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
Me too, I can buy a can to dip the handles of tools into. Seems to have a real following online and people have done some neat stuff with it.

I like the front and rear. My front has the upper and bumper cover black matte. I also painted the thingies under the turn signals black to give it more of a contrast.
i'm curious to see what you mean by the thingies by the turn signals... i'd love to see a picture.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

The red piece below the turn signal that goes to the round piece around the fog lamp.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
The red piece below the turn signal that goes to the round piece around the fog lamp.

gotchya. yeah no fog lamp for me so mine doesn't even have that piece... now it makes sense thanks.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Cool

Here you go, black grill, black bumper cover, smoked lamps, smoked turns, smoked trims, amber fogs.

Cant help but thing of that song paint it black. I see a red car and I want it painted black......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (7).JPG (94.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg car.jpg (126.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Here you go, black grill, black bumper cover, smoked lamps, smoked turns, smoked trims, amber fogs.

Cant help but thing of that song paint it black. I see a red car and I want it painted black......
Very nice man.

Here's mine all finished.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in