BlueLotus NAV/Stereo - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2014, 02:52 PM  

Default BlueLotus NAV/Stereo

Amazon.com : BlueLotus® for HONDA Insight 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 In-dash 7" Touchscreen DVD Player GPS Navigation Tv Radio Bluetooth Steering Wheel Control RDS Sd/usb Ipod Av + Reverse Car Rear Camara + Free USA Map : GPS & Navigation

Anyone see this? I just noticed it on Amazon. I can't find much on the web about it. Looks interesting, but I'd like to see it in use.
newscast is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 07:49 AM  

Newscast,
I have never seen those units. I recently purchased a Clarion Units (NX-404) from Crutchfield. I am just waiting for after the holidays to install it.
I know that there are a lot of no name brands out there as I see them all the time on Ebay. I am not sure of the support on these units so I would be real careful with on some of them.
Jazzyjeff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2014, 06:09 PM  
Lifetime Member

I bought a single din fancy dvd player radio by wuku from ebay by way of china. It worked for 3 months, then died. Replaced the fuse and the touch screen randomly selected different options and stations. After a few days it only worked by remote.

Cobb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 06:35 PM  

Newscast,
Cobb is right on. You really need to watch yourself with some of the Chinese brands because in many cases there is no USA support. You are stuck trying to deal with someone in China that does not even speak English. They look good but it is buyer beware.
Check some of the models on Crutchfield as they have decent sales going and provide excellent support. They also throw in all the mounting hardware at no cost such as what is being offered by Metra.
Look at the Clarion NX-404. That's the one I got and its a nice unit on sale.
That's my two cents.
They have others which are just as good!
Jazzyjeff is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2014, 05:12 PM  

Thanks for the responses. I'm happy with my stock nav (besides the disk reading error I get occasionally). Sometimes I just enjoy checking out Amazon and other sites for Insight gear and figured I'd pass this one along. I learned my lesson with Chinese electronics when I purchased my first dashcam.
newscast is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2014, 05:43 PM  
Lifetime Member

If you look on amazon and ebay you can find refurbished name brand units at a good discount.

Cobb is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in