Honda Insight Forum banner

honda 2010 insight fuses

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Cobb 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone show me where the fuse boxes are?
My fuel low light blinks and fuel gauge does not work.
Any help out there?

#2 ·
Welcome aboard! :)

Sorry to hear of those problems. Is this a US Insight? Hav eyou owned this car since new? What happened before hand?

The car has fuses in multiple places. The main box is under the dash on the drivers side next to the door. There is a few under the hood. Is everything else working ok? Could be the sender unit for the gas tank or even the connecter under the back seat. Here is the service manual links below.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum...e-electrical-troubleshooting-manuals-pdf.html

#3 ·
Sounds like the sending unit float is stuck at the bottom. A blown fuse wouldn't do this.

Sam

#6 ·
fuel sender float

You were right, took car to dealer, they put their master mechanic on it. Ran code check, but nothing showed up.
Thru trial and error, he found the float was the problem, after 2 hours of looking.
I do believe that the software they used was not what was needed. Not enough of these around here.
Good news is Honda is covering it. I had a service contract that I was not aware of.

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply

One of the things that came to mind, after I posted my first message. The problem came about after I accidentally hit the fender/hood area on the passenger side with my high pressure washer as I was cleaning my fence.
Is there anything in that area that might not have liked that water??
I looked under the drivers side for the fuse panel, could not see under there because of a plastic shield. Does that have to come off?

#5 ·
There is a panel you remove with a label on the back side to show where what fise goes. Try by the door opening gasket and dash board below the traction control switch and below the steering wheel.

Passenger side is the anti lock brake unit, exhaust manifold, egr, ac compressor, belt, to my knowledge. So sounds like something is either unplugged or water logged. If its water logged it may clear up on its own in a few days.

Assuming your fender liners and belly pan is still in place it would be difficult to get much water anywhere important in that manner.

#7 ·
THAT's good news!

Sam

#9 ·
If the dealer applied a software update while you where there for this troubleshooting, it was unrelated. (Unless they thought your computer was just confused) In any case a good place to start when troubleshooting.
It's good that the dealer has both technology and technicians with troubleshooting skills, it takes both nowadays.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 · (Edited)
A colleague of mine has been test driving 2 second gen Insights this Saturday as his lease contract ends and can't be renewed due to more stringent rules.

He asked me what weaknesses to look out for in the older Insights.
I could not tell him much apart from the often weak 12V battery and the windscreen top seam wind noise.

If I had known then there is at least one Insight with a faulty fuel level sensor I would have told him ;)

I am curious whether he bought one.
I let him drive mine and he liked it.
He had an electric Renault Zoe as a courtesy car when his Megane was in for service - and got to keep it for almost a week as the garage failed to fix that Megane. He liked the Zoe even more (and so did I - drive wise. It is not big enough and ugly). He was determined to buy a Zoe, but ultimately changed his mind over its cost and practicality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.