Adjuster unit in headlights. Is it possible? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Discussions

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Adjuster unit in headlights. Is it possible?

Hello comrades, i write you from Soviet Russia, and i need your help comrades.
My headlights is dead, because of burnt reflector in low beam, and buying new Depo's is cheaper then repair original headlights, and i want to install US version headlights on EU Insight because of second marker light, but as far as I know that US Insights have no adjuster units in headlights, and i want to know is there any way to install adjuster in US headlights, maybe not the same as in EU version?
BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2016, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

US version:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l16002.jpg (40.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg zEcr6jiU2Rw.jpg (223.5 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

EU version with adjuster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (82.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg f0345bd4-f189-41c2-9a16-b4398cda964c.jpg (92.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 1565ce0d-dd26-4b10-a4ca-4006ddccf5bb.jpg (29.8 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2016, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

The U.S. version does have adjustments of headlight pointing. Might just look different.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
The U.S. version does have adjustments of headlight pointing. Might just look different.
Look at his last picture. It looks like the Euro model has a little screw motor stuck where the US adjustment screw goes for adjusting from inside the car.

I would be surprised if the actual plastic molding was different between the two, looks like they just tacked on the adjuster. But I'll leave it to someone else with a Euro insight to respond for sure.

RIP 2000 Insight, 40k miles @ 69.2 mpg
2000 Insight, AKA "The Basket Case" or "The Go Pod" @185k miles @ 63.5 mpg
-IMAC&C, OBDIIC&C, Scott's aero panel, grid charger, cheapo sound system
samwichse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwichse View Post
Look at his last picture. It looks like the Euro model has a little screw motor stuck where the US adjustment screw goes for adjusting from inside the car.

I would be surprised if the actual plastic molding was different between the two, looks like they just tacked on the adjuster. But I'll leave it to someone else with a Euro insight to respond for sure.
I would be grateful if someone of you who have a lot of free time or have a broken headlight would have pulled out the adjusting bolt, and show me what is under it.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'm not sure if you have found the link to the ZE2 2nd generation Insight's Repair Manuals that are in English text for the USA and CANADA:https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...nuals-pdf.html
The links are Viglink, so a big THANK YOU RUSSIA!
2010-2011 Honda Insight SM[1].pdf

2010-2011 Honda Insight ETM SM.pdf

If your car develops any codes, there is a spreadsheet with all honda codes listed online:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=0&single=true
It was an early version of the codes list in my signature line. Please feel free to download or copy the spreadsheets and modify it as you wish.

"С Рождеством"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\_(ツ)_/
\ /
/\
[/SIZE]

Last edited by AbCaRed00; 12-19-2016 at 11:37 AM. Reason: link to all honda codes 2010 revision
AbCaRed00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in