LTO Layout #2 - Page 5 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 05:51 PM   #41 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

The interceptor is used mainly to fake a fixed 75% Soc so you can use all your extra capacity without regen kicking in and limited assist etc.
If you don't have one the SOC will tick down quickly and regen will start.
The interceptor can also stop assist or regen depending on programmed voltages to protect your pack.
You would need to let me know what maximum and minimum voltages you wanted then I can compile some firmware for your pack.

Don't use pots for the BCM fooler and VPIN, used fixed value 1% tolerance resistors of the appropriate value
to get the voltage down to the working range. You will then be sure they are correctly matched.

Use a voltage divider calculator to work out what resistors you need.

Voltage Divider Calculator

Resistor 2 is 100k for the above.

Put in your source voltage, (218V) and then experiment with different values for Resistor 1.

27K for R1 gets you 171V peak with a 218V pack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 07-10-2019 at 05:57 PM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019, 06:18 PM   #42 (permalink)

Peter, this is some info I was not aware of. We did not discuss min/max voltages. So at this point my packs are starting around 174 and drop a drop a volt maybe and regen. Is this the condition we are looking for? Or should I disable regen until I get to a lower voltage. It pretty much behaves as the Nimh pack did, but these are not Nimh. I am looking more for longevity than for performance. What voltage would it be programmed for if we did not discuss. Is it correct that Mini Int is faking 75% of actual voltage?
Lenweise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 01:50 AM   #43 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenweise View Post
P What voltage would it be programmed for if we did not discuss.
None probably. It's set upto use the logic level analog inputs via switches so you can manually disable assist or regen.

What do you regard as you pack fully charged and fully discharged voltages?
What level do you not want the car to go above or below?
They are what we program into the BCM Interceptor if you want that functionality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenweise View Post
Is it correct that Mini Int is faking 75% of actual voltage?
No. Not when talking about the SOC.

It fakes a static 75% SOC, which means the car will assist and regen freely and is at the optimum SOC.

Please post further BCM Interceptor questions in the 'mini BCM interceptor' thread. (Make sure you have read all of it as well)

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 03:10 AM   #44 (permalink)

Thanks
You have answered my questions. I wired in the assist/regen toggles on the parking brake cover as was my plan. That was kind of what I expected as a safety. It is assisting and regen as normal, but I want to keep voltages in the 160-174 range. Batteries will last longer if not charging to maximum. When I read the Mini interceptor thread, being able to disable them was what interested me the most, as well as being able to pass California's emission tests next spring with no error lights or codes.
Lenweise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in