The BCM Replacer Project - Page 41 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2019, 05:33 PM   #401 (permalink)
eq1

I'll probably want one eventually, but I'm too far away from that project to be an early adopter.
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #402 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Interested in full Type1 ~$675
  • oo-MT-I1: MIMA(#024)+FAS+OBDIC&C+HighwaterDashResetButtons+A C CompressorBypass+LiFePO4PHEV~2.5kwhIMA 1p48s +Auxiliary12v~1.6kwh LiFePO4 8p4s+BCM-Fooler+BCM-Interceptor+EVDisplay Meter +420w Solar 120Roof/105Hatch/85Dash/110Hood +RearGazShocks+KLR3CYL Springs F&B+Manual DC-DC +1.3kwAC Charger +LED Headlights +PTC Heat IMA Battery
  • On-Going Projects: Improved EV-Mode+ More Insight Solar+TEG +v2-Li-IMA
IamIan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2019, 08:46 PM   #403 (permalink)

I believe I'm on board for option 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019, 12:26 AM   #404 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

So that's three, possibly four so far..... Thanks..

Keep it coming..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #405 (permalink)

The great thing is you got a good track record and already providing other components. So it's a lot easier to get behind your product
Old 05-16-2019, 05:47 AM   #406 (permalink)
Administrator

Default BCM Replacer Video 39 Individual Orion2 Can Cell Data

Individual Can Cell data working.

Four switchable screens can display upto 100 cells each..

Cell Instant Voltage to 1mv
Cell Open Voltage to 1mv
Cell Internal Resistance to 0.1mOhm
Cell Balancing Flag

That should be enough info for all the Orion2 techies for now..

Almost ready to try in a car with an Orion2 and lithium pack..

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
Old 05-16-2019, 12:11 PM   #407 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
So that's three, possibly four so far..... Thanks..

Keep it coming..
Peter, I'm in. I DO have an Orion2. I'm not sure that I'm far enough along to be of any use as an Early Adopter, though. I'll let you be the judge of that. I'll do anything I can to help this project.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2019, 05:39 AM   #408 (permalink)
Administrator

Default BCM Replacer Video 40. Orion2 Cell Voltage Limits

The core functionality of the Orion2 really is the individual cell voltage monitoring.

Now we can interrogate that, we can respond accordingly with the BCM Replacer by disabling assist/regen/sounding alarms etc etc as required.

Now added Orion2 Lithium individual cell max/min voltage error detection to the replacer code.

The Orion2 can also be set as a failsafe/backup with slightly lower or higher setpoints that trigger it's own internal warnings and lockouts..

So we can set BCM replacer max cell voltage of say 3.5V and the Orion2 at 3.6V,
that means the BCM Replacer will respond first as cell voltage rises.
Ditto re minimum cell voltages and anything else, temps, soc, current blah blah.. .
BCM Replacer set at say 2V, Orion2 set at 1.9V... BCM Replacer responds first as cell voltage falls etc etc

In a full combo system with a complete BCM Replacer (inc voltage tap modules) and an Orion2 we have multiple monitoring and safety options.

For instance both the BCM replacer and Orion2 would be independently monitoring pack voltage, pack temperature, pack current, pack soc.
The Orion2 would also be looking at individual cell voltages.

The BCM Replacer would be acting on all the Orion2 relayed information, and also looking for gross tap voltage deviation errors itself.
Cross checking information between the two systems and hopefully responding accordingly.

With a compact and detailed display/keypad/alarm we can see and control what is happening with our packs on multiple levels

(Voltage tap modules if using the Orion2 are optional of course, but that's belt and braces..)

I think we have 6 interested members who want to be early adopters now.
Please add your details if you are (seriously) interested in being a guinea pig and have the suitable skills/funds and car/pack etc.

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 05-17-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #409 (permalink)
Administrator

Default A glimpse at some user BCM replacer variables..

Some of the things you can change [meddle with at your own risk ] in the BCM Replacer..

BcmMode con 0 BcmMode (0=Bcm) (1=Bcm & Can) (2=Can) This is the system data the BCM Replacer gathers

BattsciMode con 1 BattSciMode (0=Use Bcm Data) (1=Use Can Data) This is what is sent to the MCM

DisplayMode con 2 DispMode (0=BcmD) (1=BcmT) (2=CanN) (3=CanC) (4=Diagnostics) (5=Errors) (6=Splash) (7=Blank Screen)

ErrorChecks con 3 ErrorMode (0=No Checks) (1=Bcm Checks) (2=Both Checks) (3=Can Checks) This the data used for error checks and comparisons

AlarmFlag con 4 Alarm Notification Flag (0=Off) (1=On) Shows if an Alarm/Error has occurred or is stored

PtcFlag con 5 Ptc Strips Present Flag (0=Off) (1=On)

PalFlag Con 6 Pal/Ntsc TV Mode (0=Ntsc) (1=Pal)

BeepFlag con 7 BeepFlag Beep (0=Off) (1=On) Enables or disables the Alarm/Error beeper. (Not enabled yet)

BatVMax con 8 Battery Max Volts 0-255V (Def 190V) Your maximum pack voltage. Alarm activates if over this voltage

BatVMin con 9 Battery Min Volts 0-255V (Def 120V) Your minimum pack voltage. Alarm activates if under this voltage

BatTMax con 10 Bat Temp Max 45C (No assist or regen above this)

BatTMin con 11 Bat Temp Min -15C (No assist or regen below this)

BatFanH con 12 Bat Fan High Turn On (Def >35C)

BatFanL con 13 Bat Fan Low Turn On (Def >30C)

PackVComp con 14 Pack Voltage Compensation (0-255V) Used for testing to align voltage

PackCComp con 15 Pack Current Compensation (0-25.5A) Used for testing to align current

MaxSoc con 16 Max Calculated Soc % (Def 90%) Alarm if above this

MinSoc con 17 Min Calculated Soc % (Def 10%) Alarm if below this

CapMah con 18 Battery Capacity (0-65535mah) $1964 = 6500 Dec (Mah) = 6.5ah Your nominal battery capacity 0-65.535ah

RemMah con 19 Remaining Battery Capacity (0-65535mah) $130B = 4875Mah = 75% of 6500Mah (1300D = 20%) (1625D = 25%) (1820D = 28%) (3900D = 60%) (4875D = 75%) (6500D = 100%) Constantly updated value of what's left in your pack

BatTap con 20 Number of Battery Tap Modules in use (Default 5) = 10 Voltage Taps. (Each tap module measures two taps)

AhWhMode con 21 AhWh Counting Mode. (0=Disabled) (1=Use Analog Data) (2=Use Can Data) Data used for soc calculations

PtcLimit con 22 Ptc Adc Limit 34 = approx 500R PTC Resistance

TapDevLimit con 23 Voltage Tap Deviation Limit (1V = 10 7 = 700mv 5 = 500mv 2 = 200mv) Deviation greater than this activates the Alarm and performs a negative recal

TapVpComp con 24 Voltage Tap Positive Add Comp 100mv per unit (1 = 100mv) (If taps under reading on individual systems)

TapVnComp con 25 Voltage Tap Negative Subtract Comp 100mv per unit (6 = 600mv) (If taps are over reading individuals systems)

InVideo con 26 Inverse Video Alarm Enable (0 = Disabled) (1 = Enabled)

CurrentHack con 27 Current Hack Multiplication Factor (100 = Nil) (125=20% 147=30% 166=40% 200=50%) If you have the current hack this corrects the amp calculations

TempSpoof con 28 (Disabled = 0) (Enabled = 1 to 255 C) (Fakes the battery temperature sent to the MCM for maximum performance)

DelayMs con 29 DelayMs (Byte variable 0-255ms) Allows current sensor filter capacitor to charge. Allows the startup up oem current sensor calibration routine to complete

RoundUp con 30 RoundUp (Byte variable 0-255) Round up current sensor amps value to nearest decimal point

ChgComp con 31 Charge Compensation (Byte variable 0-255) Adds current to soc charge count routine. If long term soc counting drifts this can be tweaked up/down

DisComp con 32 Discharge Compensation (Byte variable 0-255) Adds current to soc discharge count routine. If long term soc counting drifts this can be tweaked up/down

DtcEnable con 33 Dtc Code Transmission Flag (0=Disabled) (1=Enabled) If enabled live dtc codes are sent to the MCM to turn on your IMA light!!

ConError con 34 Consecutive Error Limit Byte (0 to 255) (Default 3) Any error must remain present for at least three seconds before the alarm activates

PosRecalVolts con 35 Positive Recalibration Voltage Threshold (172V) Voltage must be above this for Pos Recal

PosRecalAmps con 36 Positive Recalibration Amps Threshold (4 = 4 Amps) Amps must be above this for Pos Recal

PosRecalTime con 37 Positive Recalibration Time Threshold (120 Seconds) (Max 255) Elapsed time must be above this for Pos Recal

PosRecalLevel con 38 Positive Recalibration % Level (75 = 75% of initial capacity) When recal occurs this is what it will recal too

NegRecalVolts con 39 Negative Recalibration Voltage Threshold (144V)

NegRecalAmps con 40 Negative Recalibration Amps Threshold (4 = 4 Amps)

NegRecalTime con 41 Negative Recalibration Time Threshold (120 Seconds) (Max 255)

NegRecalLevel con 42 Negative Recalibration % Level (20 = 20% of initial capacity)

StaticRecalVolts con 43 Static Voltage Recalibration Threshold (>167V)

RecalFlag con 44 Recalibration Check Flag (0 = skip checks) (1 = perform checks)

FanControl con 45 Battery Fan Control (0 = Auto) (1 = Low) (2 = High) Allows manual battery fan control

LiCells con 46 Number of Cells in Lithium Pack (1-255)

LiMaxVolts con 47 Lithium cell maximum voltage to 1mv (0-6.553V) Default 2V = 2000D = $07D0 Above this an error is set

LiMinVolts con 48 Lithium cell minimum voltage to 1mv (0-6.553V) Default 1V = 1000D = $03E8 Below this an error is set

It's probably time to start writing a user manual..... That might take a while..

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 05-20-2019 at 02:48 AM.
Old 05-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #410 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Peter,

Put me down for option 1 $675. I have a project car and several OEM NiHi packs that I rebuilt in various states to test with. I also have a 2013 Civic Lithium pack -- same that Jim started with that I'm hoping to adapt.

Thanks for all your hard work here. I'm really looking forward to playing with this.
44Now is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in