Remove and replace door lock actuator - Page 2 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > Modifications and Technical Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 09:59 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinost View Post
Yeah I am going to have to replace both of mine and the hatch's as well. Do you by chance know the part number? Having issues navigating Honda part's now website to find the part numbers and order them. I think I need the regulator for the drivers side door window to since the window goes up, however it sways out and open the door the white part is broken and been this way since bought it...lame but meh
It is 6(R) or 30(L) depending on which door.
Honda Automotive Parts
Daewoo Matiz rear Springs
Fumoto oil drain valve

Add yourself to the Best Mileage Spreadsheet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gilbertguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2015, 10:34 AM   #12 (permalink)

@gilbertguy

Thanks for that information.

Mods:
Installed 3 button nob w/flame icon

Future Mods:
*Add kill switch to 3 button nob
*Replace missing car front aero panel & inner plastic fenders
*Radio antenna w/stub & radio w/usb port radio
*Security system w/key fob+tinting
*Minor body work/misplaced clips?
*Rebuild my IMA pack
Pm any help/tips/suggestions
Trinost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2016, 01:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

Last year I noticed I was having an issue after replacing the mirror. My power door locks weren't working.I bought the car used and the passenger side never worked properly. I could heard it clicking and see slight movement on the lock itself, but it never worked.Now for some reason my drivers side weren't lock or unlock with the power button either. I connected the cables properly and double checked that.But all in vain then i googled and find reputable Locksmith working in Fort Lauderdale and i am very much impressed by noticing 233 reviews about their service.I phoned them they came and replace my door lock acutator.
aaranpeters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2018, 08:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

What are people's thoughts on aftermarket replacement parts for these door actuators? I'm fine paying extra for Honda parts, if they are needed. But Honda wants almost $42 (each) for these actuators. I see on ebay that I can get an aftermarket left/right pair for $17.55 with free shipping. Anybody tried aftermarket for these actuators, and regretted it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Door-...xYO5ZK&vxp=mtr

joeaax1j is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Gilbertguy You are the man! Thank you so much for taking the time and doing this. I’m gonna be thanking you every time I walk up to my car LOL. The only thing I would add is the hidden screws underneath the speaker grill. The grill has a tab on the top and pop in clips at the bottom. Starting from the bottom or you might break the tab on the top. Oh and another thank you for the screw that holds that little black cover on to the door lock inside of the door. That sucker was hidden and I would’ve never seen it. If any of this was in the pictures then my bad. I couldn’t see any of them on my phone. Thanks again.

Last edited by 2000Insight923; 02-25-2019 at 05:36 PM.
2000Insight923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Wow! Description with photos. Thanks gilbertguy. Appreciate the time you put in for your message.
Rookeeguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in