I replaced the door lock actuators on both the drivers and passengers side, took pictures and wanted to share with those on the forum.
1) Begin with the windows in the up position and then remove the inner door panel. I did not take picture of this process since it has been documented before on the forum
2) Pull back the plastic liner to expose the rear of the door. DSCN0016 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
3) Diconnect the lower rod and then remove the white plastic rod cover, this will give you access to the inside of the door where the lock actuator is located.
DSCN0031 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
4) The lock actuator will be blocked by the glass guide, you will need to remove the bolt from the back of the door and then pull the glass guide forward out of the way.
DSCN0018 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCN0017 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCN0032 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5) You now have access to the lock actuator, remove the electrical connectors (2 on driver side and 1 on passenger side), then remove the black cover held on with one screw.
DSCN0019 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
6) Remove the two screws that hold the lock actuator to the door, once they are removed there is a peg on the back side that goes into the actuator link. You'll have to wiggle it around until the peg comes out of the link. Be careful to note how it goes together because you'll have to put that peg back into the link when you install the new one.
DSCN0023 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
7) Here is what it looks like with the lock actuator removed, you are looking at the latching mechanism in this picture.
DSCN0021 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Installation is just reverse order, here are some extra photos:
- Black cover held by one screw on lock actuator DSCN0025 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- Drivers door lock actuator, note it has 2 electrical plugs DSCN0015 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
- Passenger door lock actuator, only has 1 electrical plug DSCN0014 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Hope this helps.