Ask not what you can do for your car ask what you can do for mine! - Page 4 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > MPG Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
99.999 .need strong medicine to defeat Magic spell on cousin insight. Maybe the horn of a moose The egg shell of eagle and the root of the Moab tree.Need strong magic this time.
That's just silly superstition; that's never going to work. Perhaps what you need, is a an offering to the Patron Saint of: Bad, or Intermittent, Electrical Connections", St. Sparky?

What you'll need to do is, snag you a front emblem off a Tesla, then bury it - UPSIDE DOWN, in your front yard. Make sure you have a GPS handy when you do this, as it needs to be pointing toward the Southwest, ie...Sillycon Valley, for it to work.

Later, when the police show up in your driveway to question you about the recent *vandalism to a neighbor's Tesla car, be sure and inform them that, while you, personally, know nothing of the alleged missing hood ornament's whereabouts, they may wish to seek out, as a possible entity of interest, St. Sparky. Then invoke the 5th, telling them that you're not saying another word until your lawyer gets there; who just happens to be your 2nd cousin's ex-wife's, hairdresser's next door neighbor, with whom you've shared intimate male bonding stories with down at the local watering hole, over many cans of PBR. I think it's important to note here that PBR comes in aluminum cans, and Honda Insight's are made of aluminum. Logically, we can deduce that canned beer must have been the original impetus for the Insight's chassis material selection.

[Disclaimer: no vehicles, no matter how overpriced, and prone to burst into flames due to being smited by St. Sparky, were in any way harmed, or intentionally invited to be harmed, in the making of this posting.]
Backup's Backup: '93 Suzuki Sidekick 5 spd
Backup, to the Backup's Backup: '00 Silverado Auto
PTA2PTB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 10:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Engine-Off-Coast

Cut white wire with green stripe on the connector at the DC DC Converter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Natalya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #33 (permalink)

That reminds me. Aluminum beer cans. Two years ago when I first got my car. I drove it to the field where we were picking cotton. Cotton is the stuff that you stuff with. Got there like 730 in the morning. We worked The whole night rest of the next day around 12 midnight got off work. Went and got in my car drove it halfway home before I noticed it was a beer can so I went back to the field and got my car. my car had AC at the time that's how I could tell before I got home. I also made a hybrid dump truck today. The Mexicans overloaded The dump truck. They're digging foundation holes to pour concrete in on the building pad. El-wap -o put the truck in reverse stomped it then hit the brakes try to dump the truck over and over. So I stopped him he did not speak English. The truck would not lift the load. So I got under the bed of the truck and lifted I bounced the truck up an down three or four times until it dumped the load. This was witnessed by all the people who smoke cigarettes at the factory they were outside. Smoking and kissing and stuff like that but not with cotton. It's a hybrid because I assist the dump truck hydraulic system. I did squats 1000 pounds in 2010 AN can usually lift 2000 pounds 2 or3 inches high. That's the truck I helped out noticed they did not overload it again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1904_1560826241708.jpg (137.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1898_1560826281424.jpg (128.1 KB, 2 views)
NathanC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #34 (permalink)

Great story, Nathan. Remind me not to piss you off!

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 12:27 AM   #35 (permalink)

Default They call him "Concrete"

He's known as "Concrete" on the arm wrestling circuit.

For a first hand view of him in action, go to YouTube.

Put in : Nathan Cook vs. Jackie Johnson arm wrestling.

a picture is worth a thousand words
2006 Silver CVT
10-A-SEE ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-A-SEE ME View Post
He's known as "Concrete" on the arm wrestling circuit.

For a first hand view of him in action, go to YouTube.

Put in : Nathan Cook vs. Jackie Johnson arm wrestling.

a picture is worth a thousand words
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, he probably doesn't even take tools with him when he goes to the Pull-Apart.

btw, just so you all know, I was the schoolyard thumb wrestling champion, back in 3rd grade, by beating the previous reigning champion, Billy Snodgrass, a 4th grader no less. I'm not proud. Well, maybe a little bit. Unfortunately, all those years...actually, semesters in 4th grade, of defending my title, has left me with a bad case of arthritis in that thumb. S'okay, I can still use my other thumb, when I need to, thumb my nose at someone.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #37 (permalink)

OK – it rain- I'm not glued to a tractor seat. Below is a DC DC converter with a white wire. In close proximity is a battery 12 V with negative and positive" what's next "this is in the back of a car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1907_1561031960989.jpg (25.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-21-2019, 12:20 AM   #38 (permalink)

Here you go Nathan:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5170FCB9-C13A-4601-8020-D9B53A8B3335.jpg (174.7 KB, 5 views)
Red 2002,MT 196,000mi, RE92's, new rear springs, GAZ shocks
Citrus 2000,MT 182,000mi, MIMA, RE92's, S2000 leather steering wheel, Japanese seat covers.
Simple grid charger SC03
New rear coil springs available, PM me.
One piece aluminum underbody panels.
PayPal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KLR3CYL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019, 03:51 AM   #39 (permalink)

Now I know everything there is to know about that .i'm relocating the battery.. so now under the hood I have a place to repurpose . i'm going to put gas jug there .make it evaporator gas.that way no electrical Needed for fuel pump or you'll injector ..I have not found evidence you get better gas mileage from vapor but it should lower electrical requirements.
Old 06-21-2019, 06:51 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
Now I know everything there is to know about that .i'm relocating the battery.. so now under the hood I have a place to repurpose . i'm going to put gas jug there .make it evaporator gas.that way no electrical Needed for fuel pump or you'll injector ..I have not found evidence you get better gas mileage from vapor but it should lower electrical requirements.
You most certainly WILL get better gas mileage, running solely on gasoline vapors instead of poorly atomized fuel injector sprayed gas droplets, but the issue is, you can't, reilably and practically, vaporize enough fuel to sustain a car's ICE for any meaningful amount of time, and/or with real world usable, ability to accelerate in stop 'n go traffic, performance.

Quite likely, if the stories of it are true, that's what the Charles Pogue Carb was running on. However, we can't all drive down the highway at a steady 28 mph; not and keep our economy's engine running at its current pace, at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in