Insight Record? - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > MPG Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep
Smile Insight Record?

Finally made it to an LMPG of 100.2mpg Imp over 60,000 miles.

Meter flipped over today after several weeks on 99.9mpg. A long steady 200 mile run at 125mpg helped push it over the magic 100mpg barrier.

Most Insight MK'1s can achieve > 100mpg but having the large phev capacity and mima means you can keep it up there all day!!!

The car has now done 120,000 miles but i reset lmpg when I bought it at about 60,000 miles.

Must have nearly 20,000 miles as phev now as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com

Last edited by retepsnikrep; 02-12-2010 at 02:52 AM.
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

So that (100 MPG Imp) is 83.3 MPG US.

Amazing stuff. If I get mine up around 70 US I'll be good.

Last edited by JuiceMcGoose; 02-12-2010 at 08:12 AM.
JuiceMcGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Congratulations, 83.3mpgUS is very impressive, and I'm sure you've been well above that mark over the last 20000mi.

How much electricity has it used, and how many KWh does it take to displace a gallon of gas, in practice?
RobertSmalls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

good going Pete.

TPS Mod (on/off Switch for Town & Sport/Motorway)
IMA Switch
Regen Switch

Scangauge II & 6" Rad-block
S2000 Steering Wheel
Flat Wipers
Pioneer MP3 Head Unit
Alpine Component Speakers
Original Door Speakers installed Into Rear
HID's & LED's
Sound Deadened
Grid Charger
jf_cole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Should i reset it again now to get a phev lmpg? Or keep it going as is?

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
Old 02-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

I say reset it again.
JuiceMcGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retepsnikrep View Post
Should i reset it again now to get a phev lmpg? Or keep it going as is?
Why reset it now? You know you'll be doing more amazing mods that will further increase the fuel economy. Instead, you could devote one of the two trip mileage registers to your PHEV mileage until you make the next mod. I believe that these trip mileage registers will record up to 10,000 miles before resetting (hmm, I wonder whether they would reset at 10,000 km for those whose gauges are set to the metric system).
Sold 16 July 2017: 2000 Insight A/C #559 with Honda security system, Genesis One MIMA+FAS and grid charger, OBDIIC&C, Rostra, Fumoto, DEFA engine block heater, Philips LED DRL's
2014 BMW i3 BEV
aisbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

that is absolutely amazing. is every road down hill in the UK? lol

i know i will never see that.

Hats off to you Sir!
buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice work!!

Coincidentally, my Insight's LMPG is almost identical: 83.35 mpg US over 50,831 miles. All on gas: no PHEV. But it does have MIMA, which helps a lot. Incidentally, this number is gallons pumped versus miles on the odometer, but it agrees closely with the dash LMPG display.

Best trip was 150 miles in the summer at 109.5 mpg US = 131.5 mpg IMP; best tank was 10+ gallons at 102.7 mpg US.

I don't think either of us is setting a record. For example,
hightower (Randall) in OK has 95.42 mpg US over 84,000 miles (114.59 mpg IMP)
Right Lane Cruiser (Sean) in MN has 90.22 mpg US over 27,484 miles
and there are several others in that range as well.

So we have work to do, but it's nice to see what is possible.
red1dr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Administrator

I'm going to reset it then to see how it fares from now on with LMPG and phev batteries a year old. I should have reset it when i did the conversion in hindsight!

Randall will be hard/impossible to beat even with the phev and mima epecially on my short daily commute (13 miles each way from cold).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in