battery charger no reading connected to battery, car no power - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 1st Generation Honda Insight Forum > MPG Issues

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default battery charger no reading connected to battery, car no power

Okay i can stop talking like a caveman now. But that's it. The date on the battery is 10/12. So that's probably too old right? Is there anything else I should check?
juntjoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

The 12 volt battery, or the IMA battery???
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh sorry. I know nothing about the big one. The 12v. And my charger works. I tested it on another battery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

If this the starter battery, just take it to a auto parts store. They can test and advise. Maybe prorated warranty if you go to the store it was purchased from.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2014, 11:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'll check with Wal-Mart but I think it's dead and beyond warranty. But no other car. Anyone deliver? I'll check in the morning unless anyone knows. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fort Meyers - gotta be an auto store within a half mile. Hoof it like I had to do when I was a child, and through the 16 inch Mississippi snows. Joking
Old 10-14-2014, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)

You should be able to jump charge it from another car and drive to a store that sells a new battery.
Sold 16 July 2017: 2000 Insight A/C #559 with Honda security system, Genesis One MIMA+FAS and grid charger, OBDIIC&C, Rostra, Fumoto, DEFA engine block heater, Philips LED DRL's
2014 BMW i3 BEV
aisbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 06:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

This is why people should consider an AAA or some auto club. I pay 100 bucks a year and they will jump me, open my door or tow me 100 miles to where I want for any reason.

They also sell batteries, will install them on site during a service call and even help you get a reduced price chipped key.

Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hypermiler

Garage

I recall reading info by Willie about a double male ended cable that plugs into the 12v in cabin receptacle to act as a jumper from one car to another. Sold at Walmart and such.

Provides sufficient voltage for IMA contactors to activate and allow IMA to start the car.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, MIMA, currently "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in