CR-Z son of gen 1? - Page 3 - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > Hybrid and Alternative Fuel Forum > Other Honda Hybrids Discussion

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterboat View Post
I am not sure, lots of car makers are using Ali now and have been for a number of years [Jaguar, Audi to name two]. 2013 CR-Zs are using Lithiums now dont know how much it put the price up? So for me Honda missed a chance with the CRZ, turboing the old engine would have helped clean it up [look how many makers are using small capacity petrol turbo engines now] and would have upped the performance to the 1500 used in the CR-Z.
What I am saying is the gen 1 was a huge leap forward the CR-Z wasnt, as I say other opinions are welcome
Steel chassis kills any interest in the CRZ for me. I've had so many hondas run great but start rotting out from the bottom; kills resale value and makes maintenance super annoying.
ADDvanced is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2019, 05:09 AM   #22 (permalink)

Well we have had a few months with the CRZ and its been a pleasure I will be servicing it this week at putting the correct 0/16 oil in it so then I will see if it can break 50 MPG, at the moment it wanders around 48 ish to the gallon with 5/30 in it
Peterboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2019, 11:56 PM   #23 (permalink)

Default CR-Z's on this forum??

So.... are CR-Z's, owners and discussion welcome here? I've looked for CR-Z owner's groupd and all I found was the British one that seems more like holiday-camp scheduling group.

Ecstatic new owner of 2016 CR-Z which I personally regard as the current happy descendant of BOTH the G-1 Insight and the CRX.
ddalnz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2019, 01:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to retepsnikrep

Yes you're welcome.

CRZ discussions should go in the 'other hybrid' section of the forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ObdIIc&c, Imac&c, ImaBoost, Current Hacks available. Enqs to 150mpg[at]gmail.com
retepsnikrep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 08:30 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddalnz View Post
I've looked for CR-Z owner's groupd and all I found was the British one that seems more like holiday-camp scheduling group.
When I had a CR-Z I joined https://www.crz-craze.com/forum/ and https://www.crzforum.com/
atikovi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019, 05:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Our CRZ is now is now returning 52 MPG on average, thats on a mix of town and motorways, it is a pleasure to drive and with its six speed gearbox its very quiet, I still think it is a suitable son of the Gen 1 apart from its steel and its engine is to big
Peterboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in