Honda Insight Forum banner

Stabilizer / sway bar links

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BackStreetXX 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Long time lurker here. So, first of all, thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experience. I've never really needed to post anything because there are already so many answers here. (..testament to the wealth of knowledge here)

So, I think my girl's 2010 (141k miles) is due for some stabilizer link changes. From all my internet browsing, and from the service manual, it seems like they should be a relatively easy change? (I've done stuff like a radiator, brakes, and water pump on a 1994 Explorer)

Anyone have tips on this task? what brand(s) to look for? Also, are there any unexpected challenges I may come across when tackling this task? Special tools required/recommended etc.?

I'm assuming it'd be best to lift the front end completely, rather than one side at a time? From what I understand how the sway bar works, i'm assuming lifting only one side would load-up tension on the bar. Any bits of info would be much appreciated--even if it seems obvious or common sense.

-Mike

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.