Honda Insight Forum banner

Red 2000, 5sp AC, Cruise, CD Stereo, 2nd Owner Selling

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  DeLee 
#1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, we have to part with a member of the family. Please feel free to head over to ebay to take a look through the full photos and description.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291871866696

In brief summary:

We've been the second owner since early 2004, but jobs and family have changed, so this long time member needs a loving new home. #2131 of 3788 for the '00 model year. This is a 5sp, AC car, aftermarket cruise control and CD Stereo. The car has been very reliable for us. Has a very good set of tires, cold AC, 'second gear grind' fix was made at ~160K, plus new clutch / pressure plate / TOB and seals from the 'might as well' list.

If you are the successful bidder and mention 'insightcentral.net', I will refund $100 of the purchase price, or offer a fly-in, drive-out option meeting you at KCI airport (Kansas City, MO)

If you have questions, feel free to ask on here or through ebay.

Thanks
Corey

See less See more
#4 ·
Any history on the IMA battery?
Excellent looking car.

Willie

#5 ·
Are those custom made suede seat covers? Look nice. Can you share details about it?

#6 ·
Damn, that's a sweet ride.

#8 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I do hate to see her go, but the time has come! The car is no stranger to a vacuum and car wash, plus I gave it a complete detail for the sale, so certainly clean. In all fairness, some say 'the pics do not do the car justice'... well in this case, I think they may do a bit of extra justice. Admittedly, the car has its share of chips, dings and bumps you might expect from a 16 year old / 165K mile car. The red is just so bright your retinas actually squint! So 3-4 feet away, looks spectacular, but if you go over it with a microscope, it is about average for the age. More, bigger, and more detailed pics are on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291871866696

For questions:

Seat covers...my wife purchased those at a 'can't remember where' store. They were custom fit for the Insight, have map pockets on the back and correct holes for the recline handle. Underneath, the OEM drivers seat has the typical wear on the outer back bolster. Passenger seat is in good condition.

History on the IMA...The original IMA was replaced by Honda at ~95-96K miles. The replacement has been chugging along fine since then. We haven't been driving the car much over the past year, but I've recently been taking it on periodic trips to work. It seems like it did a re-cal early on in those trips, but performs as I remember it always doing.

As far as mileage - if you're gentle, upper 60's / low 70's are pretty easy. I 'hypermiled' for a week an was able to get 98mpg. Lifetime average is 53.5 for the 165K mile trip. It has never been reset... at least that I know of.

A few more photos:

#9 ·
*Closing Tonight* Red 2000, 5sp AC, Cruise, CD Stereo, 2nd Owner Selling

Coming down to the final hours of the auction. Thanks to everyone for taking a look. I've posted a few more photos and replies to some questions in the auction, so feel free to check it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Insight-w-Air-Cond-/291871866696?

If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them here or through ebay, and don't forget my offers for mentioning 'insightcentral.net'

Also - regarding the seat covers - I found a label - Precision Fit is the company. Here is a link to their 1G Insight line.

00-06 Honda Insight Buckets Front - precisionfit

I believe these are specifically the M10/M10 color combo in Microfiber. Though there are dozens of other colors and fabrics to choose from.

Corey

#10 ·
If there are any questions, I'd be happy to answer them here or through eBay, and don't forget my offers for mentioning 'insightcentral.net'
You answered an eBay question about whether the timing belt had been replaced. Should you be asked again, the Insight engine uses a timing chain that never needs replacing, rather than a timing belt.

Good luck on your sale!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.