Help 2010 honda insight wont start - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 12:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help 2010 honda insight wont start

wife drove car to work after 8 hours comes out car wont start.i put battery charger on battery and charged.(it had 25% charge on it when i started charging) .tried to start nothing. dash lights etc come on ,lights come on ok. check emission fault comes up.tried jump starting no go.read the codes got poA7f-powertrain,and pending faults po122-throttle/pedal position sensor/switch a circuit low input,po222 throttle/pedal position sensor/switch b circuit low input.car has around 170000. daily commute around 100 round trip highway mostly .any ideas on how to get started .or is my hybrid battery pack done?
joesmoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 02:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

How many miles on it? You are the second person to report this issue. How old is the battery? (The one under the hood) that battery keeps the IMA system alive.
Have you had any of the software updates?
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 03:39 AM   #3 (permalink)

Join, how old is the 12v battery?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telegram:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gms24ru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2017, 04:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

The faults are uncharacteristic, totally unlike the low voltage christmas tree. I'd bring it to Honda if it were mine with that.
Maybe it is just a bad contact or loose plug on the instrument cluster or pedal, check the wire cables for loose ends or damage; especially the one leading to the throttle pedal.
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 10:57 AM   #5 (permalink)

battery under hood recently replaced maybe 2 months old.never had any software updates since bought.

Last edited by joesmoe; 04-10-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Finish the story. Answer the questions. Put your location in your profile.
"It is always a good idea, when asking questions on an Internet forum, to give enough information for people to help you"
That is from an old video called: how to behave on an Internet forum. It was really funny.
Anyway, what I'm driving at is; the mileage this happened might matter. We are here to help not only you, but others with similar problems. So I'm looking for a patterns.

Back to my questions, how many miles on it now? How many when you bought it? Has it ever been to a Honda dealer since you bought it? Are you in the US, Canada? Europe? Insights were sold all over the world and we have members from all over the world. Warranties vary, even state to state in the US.

I agree with RedDevil, you are probably going to have to bite the bullet and see an actual Honda dealer. You might be surprised at how well that might go.
As I said in the other thread about this issue, old Insights high miles do not make as very good purchase like an old Civic or Accord would. They are just too complicated. The gen 1 owners are a different breed, tinkers who know their vehicles well. A used 2nd gen better have had all the software updates and frequent CVT fluid changes. Someone who drove the **** out of of one, did minimum maintenance themselves or at an independent garage and sold it to you dirt cheap is not doing you any favors.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesmoe View Post
battery under hood recently replaced maybe 2 months old.never had any software updates since bought.
This sounds like either the new batter was no good or the cables need attention. Maybe both.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

thanks for replies .i will check for for bad connection ,bad battery.car was bought new has aprox 178000 .i know a lot of miles .again thanks for the replies
Old 04-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Have the 12V *LOAD TESTED* to either confirm or eliminate it as the problem.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

If you bought it new and you are in the US, you should have received a letter from Honda about the updates. I even got one, as a 2010 owner, about the rubber strips coming loose and the free fix. As my mechanic used to say, remember your car before it reminds you.

Do we not have some 2nd Insights that have gone way beyond 200k without IMA issues? Sounds like the updates are more than just nice to have. They may be critical to keeping the IMA alive long term.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in