Check IMA light on - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2017, 06:38 PM  

Default Check IMA light on

So let me first start off by saying yes it was a dumb idea... I have a 2011 Honda Insight Hybrid

I hooked up a 1000w amp to the battery under the hood and the next day i had my IMA light come on and i no longer have power to the radio, interior lights, or my key fob. I replaced the 12v bsttery today and still nothing. Is there anything i can do short of replacing the hybrid battery? Everything else on the car seems to be working properly.
epatte09 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 PM  
Lifetime Member

1) Check that you properly installed the 12V.
2) Check all your fuses.
3) Read and report the codes.

Without the above confirmation/information, it is essentially impossible to provide you with any meaningful feedback.

It is unlikely that the hybrid battery is actually an issue. Something else is wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2017, 08:28 PM  
Hypermiler

Garage

Thread moved to 2nd gen forum.
, IMAC&C
'01 mt, Silver, 222k,
, MIMA, currently "
"
'00 Citrus,, 184k,
, MIMA,

'01 mt, Oxy Blue, 218k

Go Navy, or don't go
Mountain driver is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2017, 11:38 PM  

I think you will find a fuse blown. There's one under the hood that is expensive.

And gramps here has to warn you: your hearing does not grow back. Once it's gone, it's gone.
egads is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
ima battery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in