Check Emissions Light not giving a code - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2017, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Check Emissions Light not giving a code

First, please bare with me because I know very basic stuff for cars. My check emissions light came on while I was driving home one day and about 5 minutes later my chainge oil light came on. I checked the gas cap and it was fine and I even reset the light. It stayed off for about a day and a half but the change oil light stayed on. I've already bought all my oil for my car but just haven't had a chance to change it yet. I checked the levels and they are fine and it honestly wasn't that dirty but I'm still going to change it. I'm planning on doing so tomorrow. Anyways, I took it to autozone to get the code and it came up with "no code found" twice. Could the lights be associated with each other or is it just a coincidence that they both turned on at the same time? I've had my change oil light turn on before and wasn't a problem previously. Has any one else had the light come up with no codes?

Just a little Information on my car...When I first bought my used 2012 insight with 74,000 miles, I learned that the previous owner turned it in because he needed the engine rebuilt due to the problems with the oil. I learned this the hard way.
shpecialkay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

I have found AutoZone to be very unreliable when reading codes. I recommend you go to Oreilly if they're in your area.

Also, https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...ns-system.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Also, Honda has extended the warranty on 2012s for oil consumption. Search 2012 Oil Consumption and you'll find several threads on this.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...17-2017-a.html
and
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums...rning-oil.html
(skip the start. Read the most recent pages)
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in