Honda Insight 2009 Fire damage Airbag - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum
 
Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Netherlands West EU
Posts: 7
Default Honda Insight 2009 Fire damage Airbag

So my first insight Ze2 2009, had the airbag to be replaced and there was a massive recall.
Honda's on there self are great and reliable but the people that need to maintain it are just bad.
A few months before December 2015 the front wires had a little bit of fire damage, cables weren't put in correctly. A burning smell, in December 2015 the airbag that was replaced caught fire.
I had to keep quiet or else they wouldn't give me my insurance money for a other Honda. Yes I'm only allowed to buy Honda with my Honda insurance! No other brand! They gave 25% and at the dealership they said I get the other 75% if I buy a Honda. So now I have an other 2009 Ze2 car for two years now. The airbag that was replaced rattles and most of the plastic clips are squished in the trunk.

If you smell anything like plastic burning just go to a dealer!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20151113_074745_1515423150232.jpg (86.5 KB, 12 views)
Shuihi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.