Replaced main battery fuse/terminal assembly. Now my IMA & Emissions systems lights a - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Replaced main battery fuse/terminal assembly. Now my IMA & Emissions systems lights a

After my buddy blew my main battery fuse by jumping my car off backwards I replaced the 12v battery & the terminal assembly that houses the 3 engine fuses (under the red cap on the battery). Now my Check IMA light, as well as my Check Emission System light are on. Code reader isnít working & Honda wants me to bring it in for diagnostics.
Help?
insightbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2018, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by insightbo View Post
After my buddy blew my main battery fuse by jumping my car off backwards I replaced the 12v battery & the terminal assembly that houses the 3 engine fuses (under the red cap on the battery). Now my Check IMA light, as well as my Check Emission System light are on. Code reader isnít working & Honda wants me to bring it in for diagnostics.
Help?
Check every fuse you can find and replace them. Don't just do visual, do continuity.

Once you've done that, see what's changed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S Keith is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Keith View Post
Check every fuse you can find and replace them. Don't just do visual, do continuity.

Once you've done that, see what's changed.
I did that, first thing, when the car turned on and the light came up. So there is no before and after. Sorry.

Also,
**UPDATE** The CHECK EMISSIONS light has gone off. When I'm driving, the info panel showing gas usage vs battery usage/charge shows:
gas usage when I accelerate
battery usage when I let off the gas (who knows how or why)

and at first
battery charging when I brake

but now
nothing when I break, just a picture of a battery/engine/gas can

Dial that goes up into blue during gas usage and down into green when charging/braking doesn't move at all.

Car doesn't Auto Stop

Last edited by insightbo; 02-20-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You actually checked continuity on all fuses?

Go to O'Reilly and have them check your codes.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
You actually checked continuity on all fuses?

Go to O'Reilly and have them check your codes.
Yes, I did. I'm not playing here. Trying to fix it up right or not at all.

I used my own code reader but it wouldn't come on. Took it to Advance and they tried two of their own. Its all fancy where it can talk to the tires and damned near every inch of the car, so I'm being told its a BUS2 or something and my code reader doesn't have the extra pins needed to link in to that.

Sound right? Crazy?
Old 02-20-2018, 09:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

More likely that something is damaged/inop as a result of the jump debacle.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
More likely that something is damaged/inop as a result of the jump debacle.
Unfortunately, my friends & I agree. Taking it to a regional Honda for diagnostics tomorrow. Hoping the 10 year, 80K warranty still applies. Not going to mention the jump start & cross my fingers.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2018, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Good luck!
Thank you for your help. I genuinely appreciate it. Your passion for this sort of thing reminds me of the friend who is helping me. He's spent at least as much time as I have researching this for me & hanging out while I mess with it.

NOT the friend who jumped my car incorrectly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in