Misfire P0301 Cylinder 1 is killing me! - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Misfire P0301 Cylinder 1 is killing me!

Hi Guys!

Your help is very appreciated in this issue. I’m having a misfire in cylinder 1 and at the moment I have change the coils,sparks and injectors. Almost 1K and the problem persist.

What’s the problem? Well for some reason my car is diying when commuting to work. It’s 1 hour of travel and the issue always came when I’m goind uphill ( from 3k to 4K rev.)

The fail came only in that instance, going uphill (not in all hills just when the car decide too...) when the fail appear the check engine goes on and the car loose almost all his power, I park the car, turn it off and then the car is just fine. Also when the fail appear a ticking noise start.... then if I don’t stop or accelerate it just loose the 75% of power.

We will check if it’s a vaccuum leak, a Wire Engine bad or the Catalyst.... I will let you know.
Meanwhile if someone have experience this issue please comment and help! Thanks!

Honda Insgiht 2012
Gargolita11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wrong garage: G2 problem in the G1 garage.

When the CEL comes on it goes into LIMP mode which is normal. Check for varmints chewing wires for the ignition coil #1, and all the way back to the ECU.
HTH
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 2 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 04:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

oops double tap!
HTH
Willie
MaxIMA Battery (Serial #2), on 8/25/12 @ 301,000 miles
Another MaxIMA Battery, on 6/25/17 @ 399,252 miles
Use: 438,000 mi. @ 58.2 LMPG.

Willie Williford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Clean your egr plate,,I had same code,change plugs,wires,clean injectors,still came back,than I cleaned the egr ports and plates and boom,went away and never got a misfire again,worth a try.
Honda hybrid442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

Moved to G2 forum.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in