Daytime Running Light Issue - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2019, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Daytime Running Light Issue

Walking up to my 2011 Insight, I noticed when unlocking the doors that the driver's side DRL didn't flash like other side, so I assumed it was burned out.

Started engine, disengaged parking brake and DRL on both sides illuminated.
Likewise, I turned on headlights and hi beams, and both sides illuminated.

Turned off engine and lights, removed key and locked car - driver's side DRL didn't flash.

So what's up with that? Clearly the bulb isn't bad because it works under normal operation.
jvbutera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2019, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've noticed similar behavior in my 2010 Insight LX. When I lock/unlock the doors, only one of the two license plate lights flashes. I thought a bulb was burned out, so I bought replacements. But when I turned on the low-beam lights, I saw that both license plate lights were on. Curious...
larkito27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2019, 04:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have a 2010 Insight as well and have had the same issue since I bought the car (about 3 years ago). I replaced the bulbs but it still happens, even though my headlights work just fine.
tspriggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
daytime running lights

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in