I am having a slight issue with my 2010 Honda Insight (EU model). I had the car for 6 months now.
When the car is cold it is "hopping" when taking off with light accelerator pressure: youtube.com / watch?v=XjnrJBonB24
It makes parking or manoeuvring a less then comfortable experience. Especially on small incline and in the morning.
It is especially noticeable on Reverse. Less pronounced on D. As the car warms up the issue goes away on D and is still slightly noticeable on R. The video was shoot with car semi cold. It only happens with light throttle. If I let it creep with no throttle or take off more vigorously it works normal.
Things that where done:
- Hooked up to laptop and Honda HDS Scan tool (I have a well equipped workshop
- no errors
- Performed EGR valve test - Test OK
- Replaced air filter and cabin filter - no improvement
- Updated the ECU/CVT/IMA software + cleaned the throttle body - smoothed things a bit.
- Performed Idle relearn procedure + Start clutch relearn procedure - Seems to fix the issue but when the car cools down it starts hopping again - Procedure can only be done on warm engine.
- Replaced Engine oil and filter (Switched from 5W-30 to Geniuine Honda Green Hybrid) - nothing although it's smoother on V-TEC valve mode changes.
- Car was a bit low on Transmission fluid (barely touching low "cold" mark) so topped it up as per service manual - Added around 400 ml but no improvement
The transmission oil looks clean. Last change was 2 yrs/50 000 km ago.
Tyre pressure is as per sticker.
Engine/transmission behaves perfectly fine when on Neutral or when Cruising.
Did the Start clutch stall test and it's OK. No judder, no slipping.
Things to do:
- Front brake caliper is sticking. I am going to replace the brake fluid as it's past it's 3 year mark and do the brakes ASAP but I am afraid it will not fix the issue (Although might smooth it out a bit).
- Car is reaching 120kkm mark where the spark plug and fuel filter change is required - Probably won't fix it.
Anyone with the same issue?
Will the CVT fluid change help or is it a Start clutch valve/actuator going away?