2010 Insight Security Alarm System - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

Go Back   Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum > 2nd Generation Honda Insight Forum > Troubleshooting and Problems

Insightcentral.net is the premier Honda Insight Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 Insight Security Alarm System

I need to trouble shoot the alarm system. Once I lock the car and set the alarm, the alarm system will go off at random times for no reason. At least three times it was a few minutes after I walked away. Once in the middle of the day when I had not driven it that day. And several other times that I know of. I thought it might be my key fob so I found the second one and it made no difference. Are there fuses? I may be a wiring problem?
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

Post in the Insight 2 forum below this one, you might get some intelligent answers about your model
Old 05-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thread moved to 2nd Gen forum.

Sam
MIMA #150
Genesis Charger and Discharger
BumbleBee Battery
OBDIIC&C Gauge
NM license plate KERS
(Kinetic Energy Recovery System)
Alpine Stereo
Scott's front and rear springs
GAZ rear shocks
2003 Lean Burn CVT (Wife's car)
2000 Citrus with aerodynamic extension
2002 Blue getting new engine
Rainsux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2016, 02:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

First off Stacy, is your 2010 Insight an EX? (does it gave a usb connection in the center console?) only EX Insights have the factory alarm. If it is in fact the stock one, my suggestion would be to check the little rubber covered buttons that activate the interior lights. Those are what signal the alarm that a door is open. In other Hondas there is also a switch for the hood. Any of these things can make the alarm go off.

If you have some aftermarket alarm put on a base or LX model or some "enhancement" add on it could be a lot of other things.

By the way, one does not have to do anything beyond locking the doors to set the stock alarm. The honk on the second press adds nothing except annoyance to the neighbors. That honk is for when you are walking away in a raking lot and cannot remember if you locked the car. The "alarm is set" indicator is the flashing red light by the speedometer. The one on the radio will blink regardless.

I have not tried this in the Insight, but in my other Honda, if I use the central lock on the Passanger side to lock up, the doors are locked but no alarm is set. That might be a work around for the short term.
egads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

The alarm system depends on your location.

In Europe the ES / HS models also have a factory alarm.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Location (Required)
Where you live
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in