Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One owner $5700. Sorry was told that I supplied not enough info. Found this on Cars.com. I am in the process of buying. Located in Indiana. Need more info, ask.

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
I'm a little confused. It sounds like you're trying to flip it to us. Is this correct?

Sam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but, no. Just wanted to show what is out there with a little looking and patience. I think it was a reasonable purchase, hoping someone might agree.

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
But you ARE selling it, right?

Sam

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, no. I hope to enjoy it as it has been a number of years since I got rid of my 06 for a Volt for my Wife.

·
Super Moderator
6,867 Posts
I think he was just offering some price information. We talked recently and he was shopping for a good car for his own use:)

·
Super Moderator
4,721 Posts
This clears it up. Thanks.

Sam

·
3,641 Posts
That looks like a nice car 06Blue! Glad to see #4 in your garage. Congrats on a nice deal!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds good to me! Will let you know when it arrives. Maybe we can set something up next month?

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Timing will be the challenge, but Mifflinburg on rte 45 is fairly central for the York guys, Pete (in Kulpmont), and me (Tyrone). There's a good sized Sheetz in the center of town. Food, coffee, bathrooms. Hang out and shoot the breeze or consider other things in the local area:

Also in the Mifflinburg area: Rusty Nail Brewing Company, Buggy museum, Hassenplug Covered Bridge, a community park, and restaurants. TD's Cats of World (tigers etc) 5 miles south.

In Mont Alto PA, SE of Chambersburg is the Shade Tree Garage run by a Vet. A bit pricy (about $20/hr or so) for use of tools and lift. 4 bay garage.

EDIT: photo's of Rusty Nail look nice. Maybe a good place for lunch rather than sheetz.

Edit 2: August 4, 5or 25 looking ok for me if I have help at home.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
My car will not likely be here by August 4. How about Mother Earth News Fair Saturday, 09/15/18? Also maybe early October to see the leaf colors.

For the Mother Earth News Fair, if you have a hybrid or electric you can get free admission and a place to park near or in the fair! You must preregister for the show to get the free admission. http://www.threeriverseva.org/ecevroundup-form.html

·
Registered
235 Posts
https://www.motherearthnewsfair.com/pennsylvania/

Been there several times. A very good learning experience with an energy car show that we can be a part of!
Looks really interesting, lots of extremely good stuff going on there. Permaculture folks sometimes go silent on you when you start talking benefits of EVs, good to see support for them there. Hopefully the Insight will be rollin rollin again new windshield and all by then.

And for other PA Insighter activities, possibly even York-specific, if I can carve out the time the Prius-celled Insight at the recent Meet was too beautiful a thing to not duplicate, if given good anti-swell bracing...

Roger

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roger,

Need any help on your Prius battery conversion I would like to help! Anything York, PA related I'll help and attend.

Jim

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jim -

Right now with me at least it's just in the incurably cool idea stage... Keeping the case from bulging at high SoC might be toughest part, not sure how many lbs pressure are needed to keep them from bulging. I appreciate the offer... It's definitely a prime joint effort kind of project! Could be fun.

Roger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts