Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uhhhh....is this highway robbery?
this would be my total including the diagnosis which i agreed to pay by bringing in the car. $80.

my car had 2 codes yesterday when i went to autozone. the one code that reflected the o2 sensor, and the other P1447 which i read here was the battery. i just had my battery replaced as well as the MCM and BCM. i am worried that my aftermarket stereo and amp install might have something to do with this.
1. the stereo does not work right. i bought it used. all functions are normal until i turn off the car when the stereo is on. the panels go in and out and up and down....it is freaking out about something. does this for a while until it just stops in a jammed state.
2. this AM before i brought the car in, to prevent them from wreaking my stereo due to its problem, i removed the 2 fuses that deal with the stereo.
now they are not getting the error. hmmmm....

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Sounds about right. DYI isn't too difficult. See other recent threads in this forum for pricing.

BUT

Wait too long and you eventually will also be able to include the CATs. About another $1,800. A bad LAF can "stress" the CATs and rapidly reduce their service life.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
Sounds about right. DYI isn't too difficult. See other recent threads in this forum for pricing.

BUT

Wait too long and you eventually will also be able to include the CATs. About another $1,800. A bad LAF can "stress" the CATs and rapidly reduce their service life.

HTH! :)
Do it yourself! The only prerequisite to changing an O2 is the ability to un screw a bolt and disconnect a plug.

OEM Honda part (not Bosch) should last longer.

OEM usually goes for $300 +.

I have them for $160 shipped. pm if intrested

·
Registered
340 Posts
Has anyone noticed a lot more Insight activity on eBay? I hadn't checked in about a week and for the last couple of years, there were 2 pages of stuff. Today there were 7, and a couple of O2 Sensors. I have no idea if they are the real thing or not, but might be worth a look.
robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts