Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back down to mn with a trailer. The seller helped me get the part from Tom. Thanks Tom. Took her out on the why and it will not go into high gear. Are the 2 buttons inside the steering wheel cruise and overdrive?

I want to give a shout to Jim Vance in Annandale Man. I looked at some of his paint work and it is flawless.

We got the AC to work. It runs ok especially seeing as it sat for 4 years. Tires leak mebbee from sitting 4 years
This Old man is toasted and hoping to get my last car good to take me to where I cannot drive any more. I will keep you posted. Body-wise I need a passenger fender, and a passenger mirror, (rojo) that's red in English. I need help getting high gear for now.

Thanks to all who have offered help with this. Ideally, I would love a Tesla EV but PO folk like me gotta settle for less. nakona1

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
The buttons are D and S. S is like a downshift. The engine revs up and it uses more battery assist. I always leave it in D. Maybe you were in S, so it felt like it needed to "shift". There are no "gears". The CVT is continuously variable and changes ratios whenever it needs to.

Sam

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sam. I am going to change fluid and drop the pan. In one of the threads, they suggest hooking the cooler line with a bag with a cleaner/additive and running into a pan to get the gunk out. Just a plastic bag work? Also what are the pros and cons of using additive to the entire cvt?

·
Super Moderator
5,111 Posts
No additives ever. Use nothing but genuine Honda CVT fluid. Period. I've never flushed the cooler. Change the fluid every other oil change, 15,000 miles.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts