Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attention all Insight Fans!

As previously promised, we will be getting together in beautiful Annapolis, MD on the Chesapeake Bay for a social event.

This is something different this time, no oily rags, no exhaust fumes, no rust busting, and no sparks. Just enjoying the scenery, each other's company, lots of Insight talk, and most importantly, saying thanks to our loved ones who put up with our relationship with the Insight. So bring your loved one, friend, buddy or pet squirrel....yes, I know an Insighter with one. We will have a BBQ as part of the event.

Still undecided, and looking for feedback on: 1.) possible side trip to Ocean City Beach, or 2.) Annapolis visit, possibly Naval Academy tour, or 3.) Sandy Point State Park.

This is a very unique opportunity to visit an actual private lighthouse, and former bed & breakfast owned by a fellow Insighter!

(Oh yeah, I'm bringing a fishing rod, camping chair and hoping to put it to good use on the 300' private pier.)

Edit: Ok, we do have to get some "business" done while enjoying the day, so while in Annapolis at this event, we would like to discuss the convoy to the Wisconsin National Meet, as well as our Fall Event.

Spread the word.

1. Ybuygas
2. Freezin4
3. CRXNUT2
4. jime&wife

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A little more about the location:

The property has significant direct Chesapeake Bay-frontage and a real working lighthouse. The Sharps Point Light (Coast Guard sanctioned and N.O.A.A. charted) is a full size replica of a typical 1875 cottage style lighthouse. There is a 300' pier. The address is located just 6 miles east of the historic district and US Naval Academy.

The house used to operate as a bed and breakfast offering three luxurious bed and breakfast queen-bed rooms with in-room full private baths.

View osprey and blue heron among the passing sailboats and ships from the deck of the slate shingled 70 year old home.

Climb the spiral staircase in the Sharps Point Lighthouse to the upper lightroom/lookout deck. Enjoy spectacular views of the Bay Bridge, Thomas Point Lighthouse, ship channel and anchorage, and the Annapolis harbor entrance.

(So don't forget your cameras!)

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
I'm definitely in. Even my wife is is enthusiastic - an event where there are some ladies and the talk isn't all car talk. The venue is beautiful.

A few strategy questions. Do you want me to send a wake-up reminder by email to the email list? There are around 50 folks on that list, many who do not regularly read IC. The turnout from that sort of effort is uncertain, but in view of the short notice, we might pick up a few folks who would otherwise miss. I know one new guy on the list who is hot to meet other Mid-Atlantic Insighters.
Give me a call if you like.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'm in, provisionally.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in, provisionally.

Play it cool: say, you are taking her to a special place on a date for the day. So what if just by chance a bunch of other Insight guys had the same idea? ;)

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little about Sandy Point State Park, which is close by:

Sandy Point

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/Publiclands/Pages/southern/sandypoint.aspx

Day Use Service Charges:
Weekends and Holidays - $5.00 per person for Maryland resident -- $7.00 per person for non-Maryland resident
Hours of Operations: 6 a.m. to Sunset, April 1 through October 31
Fishing - 24 hour access January through mid-November
Boating - 24 hour access year-round
Lifeguards are on duty in the designated swimming area at South Beach from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Memorial Day through Labor Day.​

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Play it cool: say, you are taking her to a special place on a date for the day. So what if just by chance a bunch of other Insight guys had the same idea? ;)
She works Saturdays, so probably not...

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meetup time is about 10 AM.
If you have not received more details by email yet, PM me.
Hope to see you there!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope no one thought that we were excluding single people from this event. ;)

All Insight fans are welcome.

PM me if need more details.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Attendee list

The following are noted as attendees of the Social Meet:

Ybuygas*
Freezin4& wife*
CRXNUT2*
jime&wife*
Bruce*
Sue*
Bill&wife*
samwichse*

*notified via email of location.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The following are noted as attendees of the Social Meet:

Ybuygas*

Freezin4& wife*

CRXNUT2*

jime&wife*

Bruce*

Sue*

Bill&wife*

samwichse*
Scottie*
Atikovi

*notified via email of location.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Is the address posted anywhere, I don't see it. How late are you expecting to be there, I might not leave home until 12:30-1pm?

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Ati,
Just emailed you.
We will be there - A few of us are getting rooms for the night there.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts