Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.. I live in Toronto Ontario... so this is for anyone who knows about the city.. where can I find 0w20 oil. I went to Can. tire not there.. I went to auto source not there... anyone know where I can get it on a consistent basis? Saw 5w20 but not to thrilled about using this oil during the winter months. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
366 Posts
I doubt you have WalMart there, but that is where I find mine. I have used 5W20 in a pinch before without any problems. Of course it doesn't get as cold here as it does there.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there.. we got tons of walmart's... just difficult to find mobile 1 0w20 here... Mobile 1 did stop making it for a while but have since started making it again... so I hope I can find it...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
NOCO imports many different brands of motor oil into Canada.
Just phone them and ask which types of 0W20 synthetic motor oil they have. (any brand will do) I used to buy Mobile 1 0W20 from them.
You can buy stuff from their Toronto location but ONLY if you phone ahead and place an order over the phone first.

NOCO Lubricants Co.
2 Bradpenn Road
Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5S9
(800) 414-NOCO
(416) 201-9880 Fax
[email protected]

·
Registered
40 Posts
0W-20

I mail-order mine from AMSOIL, 1 gal is about $29. My local Honda dealer allowed me to supply the oil and they supplied the labor.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guillermo thanks for the tip... I did find those guys... its just a bit frustrating I went to the mobil 1 site and they are again producing 0w20 but seems it hasn't reached here yet...

I do prefer the mobil 1 stuff to the others as I've looked at the specs and it does have a higher and lower tolerance than the other oils of the same make.

If any of you guys come across it definately let me know. I'm going to be scouring the earth for it on Monday. I'll give Noco a call to.

thanks all

·
Registered
19 Posts
Amsoil makes a 0w20 now, it's what I run in my Insight. I got it from them through the mail. I've been told by my oil analysis guy about a great 0w20 from renewable lubricants that's quite expensive but outperforms everything he's ever seen. I run the RLI 5w30 in my Camaro, and I'm very happy with it for what that's worth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also, if anyone is having trouble finding Mobil 1 0w20, I have 12 quarts I got from Wal-Mart right before they stopped carrying it. I'll sell it for $5/quart if anyone's interested. I've since switched to Amsoil when they started making a 0w20, and I won't be needing the Mobil 1... e-mail me if you're interested.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I just went to Bennett Auto Supply looking for the 0W-20 oil, and they said that Mobile had discontinued it, and tried to sell me toe 5W-20 instead.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Mobil 1 0w-20 may be availabel but it's almost impossible to find around here. Wal-Mart discontinued carrying it as I purchased the last few quarts they had marked as clearance items. You would think with the ever increasing popularity of hybrids that more stores would start to carry it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Re: 0W-20

epqsoq said:
I mail-order mine from AMSOIL, 1 gal is about $29. My local Honda dealer allowed me to supply the oil and they supplied the labor.
Did you get the new EA extended drain filter? I have been using Amsoil for several years with over 250,000 put on 3 different vehicles with 24,000+ mile changes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts