Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a flight out to KC to pick up a car appx one week ago and saw that K.C to the IL state line had reg gas at less than $3/gallon and one station had it at $2.86/gal. Then when I was in IL on 70 about to cross into IN (Marshall/Paris, IL exit) I stopped and both stations had gas at $3.86/gal. What a rip off. The feds have their hands controlling every move we make but allow this crap to go on? Should be laws against ripping off consumers on necessities.

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Yeah, it is a mess, particularly along the interstate exits. Sometimes there are valid reasons like transportation differences and state tax differences, but frequently the interstate exchange stations just think they have you trapped.

Get an ap for gasbuddy.com so you can check ahead. I guess there is an ap, I do it on my laptop - being an OLD guy;)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
State of Illinois and county sales/road tax. I even heard that they were thinking of changing over to a tax per mile, not per gallon, that way hybrids and electric cars would pay their fair share to maintain the roads. As cars get more efficient everyone uses less gas, therefore less tax revenue from gas sales.

On the way back from vacations we always gas up at the top of Indiana. I thing south Carolina also has cheap gas.

Use gasbuddy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts