Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn if his is a first edition then mine being made in 1999 as number 77 is a series 1, shadowless, 1st edition, holographic.

Must have given up on it if he couldn't clean it up or get any power to the dash. 12V is probably 100% dead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bold to market it as a "First edition for collectors" when it's got damage and the factory stereo is missing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No you're not getting an Insight for $1. Shady sellers list for a dollar so their ad is at the top of a search and will make up some excuse like it was a typo.
Why not? Best offer? I picked one up for free in California. Great tires, new ground wires and battery, no dents or dings. Lovely little car. I saw a citrus in junk yard. Could have bought for 800 if I didn’t have a wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Best offer? 75 cents? And getting one for free from a relative or friend doesn't count. This is a car advertised on the open market.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Best offer? 75 cents? And getting one for free from a relative or friend doesn't count. This is a car advertised on the open market.
People give away non-running cars worth more than this all the time. I’m pretty skeptical as far as things go, but I recently gave away a perfectly good 250 gallon aquarium and stand, just because I wanted the space back

·
Registered
439 Posts
Redbeard,
Gave me his. I never met him. There have been several on here just given away. Some people don’t care about the money, they just want to see the car be taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
You see these guys rebuilding 1955 VW bugs from bare metal and selling them for stupid money, seems like any Insight short of totaled could be worth a couple of thousand bucks.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
I would walk up to this 'dead' car with a jumper pack and 10mm, open the IMA pack compartment, turn off the HV battery pack, jump the 12v system with said jumper pack, hand the guy 250$ and drive away with it, laughing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts