Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,419 Posts
G2 Insight has some problems.

The headlight bulb is NOT the same as the high beam bulb. The high beam bulb doubles as the DRL bulb, so if you switch it, you will get a CANBUS DRL error unless you use resistors or something.

ALSO: On the G2 Insight the DRLs are in a special housing, so it might be difficult to find a bulb that fits inside of there, or you might have to remove the lids.

That being said, I replaced my headlight bulbs with LEDs and I love the results. They aim low of course (due to the stock projector housings) so they don't blind other drivers, but they are way better at illuminating the road than the old halogen bulbs were. I almost never have to use my high beams because of the good low beam headlight LEDs.

I got this kit:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/low-beam-headlight-bulb/led-headlight-kit-h11-led-fanless-headlight-conversion-kit-with-adjustable-color-temperature-and-compact-heat-sink/4445/9995/?make=32&model=977&scc_id=1400&year=2010

I know you were asking about cheapo $10 ebay ones, I've never seen LED headlights that cheap. Maybe they can be produced cheap like that now? But I'd be kind-of wary of potential defects. But maybe you can be the proverbial guinea pig and let us know how they work out?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i know i gotta leave the dust cover off but hopefuly it works cause for 10$ i rather do that then have the stock lights they are ugly yellow makes the car look older and they don't even do a good job for high beams

·
Registered
344 Posts
I just installed LED's for the low beam this morning from Headlight Experts. I got the capacitors with them to get rid of the warning light. I will see how they are in the morning when I'm coming home from work. They look much brighter in the sunlight.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi anyone got those cheap ebay LED's for 10$ i want to get a pair for my high beams but i just don't know how well it will fit and I'm asking around to see if anyone has done it.

there's a link of what im talking about

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1260W-189000LM-CREE-LED-Headlight-Kit-9005-HB3-High-Beam-6000K-White-Light-Bulbs/142866142107?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144
I read the feedback for that seller and there are several bulbs burned out quick, not bright, and bad customer service posts. It says Cree, but I doubt if it really is for that price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts