Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Newbie here with a 11 insight. 250k. Runs great. Bought it 2 days ago. Second day I went to start it and the battery was dead. I checked the battery and it is only putting out 10volts/60amps. I replaced the battery with a lawnmower battery in the mean time to get her running until I get a new stock 12volt. The lawnmower battery is producing 12volts at 300amps. Plenty to start the car. My issue is now all my dash lights are on. Check brakes system,traction control, antilock all on. The car still runs fine but will not auto stop at redlights anylonger. What can I do to reset this thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replaced battery left unplugged for 30mins.. still all my lights are on. Car starts and runs fine. Battery pack seems to be working fine. I have no auto shut off at stop and those lights I mentioned

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a update if anyone cares. All hondas abs lights will trip if the battery dies. You either have to take it to honda for reset. Or jump pin 9 and 4 on obd and do a little dance with the brake and key. I found a YouTube video on it.

·
Premium Member
9,677 Posts
Got a direct "Link" for others, just in case?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just a update if anyone cares. All hondas abs lights will trip if the battery dies. You either have to take it to honda for reset. Or jump pin 9 and 4 on obd and do a little dance with the brake and key. I found a YouTube video on it.
appreciated 👍👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Garrydhu
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing