Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The link geocougar sent is exactly what's happening except the pack doesn't show any charge

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,777 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok so I have a code (67) module temperature signal circuit problem.
And a code (7) mode signal circuit 2 problem.
Oh and the only color batteries I can see are orange looking threw the fan blades. Also have a engine code (69) trying to find out what that is?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

·
Registered
937 Posts
It just came on for a second then I'ma light came on and it went out
I have worked on some Insights where the battery was so bad I could grid charge it for 12 hours to no avail. I could reset it, but the IMA light would come on shortly after starting up. On one car the owner admitted they were having trouble, so they would disconnect the battery terminal and get more time from it. However, they did this over and over again until the battery was no good. I just followed Bumblebee Batteries' tutorial for turning it off and just using the engine starter.
Just my 0.02 worth,
Tim

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
If you do indeed have P1568-67 - "Battery Module Temperature Signal Circuit Problem," and P1568-70 - "Battery Cell Temperature Signal Circuit Problem," then my guess is that the harness is messed up, like whoever messed with the pack before didn't get those tucked-in and connected properly... They both connect to the left hand computer on top of pack, cabin side. Module temp is the 4 wires clad in plastic colored shrouds, yellow, blue, white and green I think, and the cell temp is a red clad wire. I think first thing I'd do is check the connector on the computer and make sure they're plugged-in OK. But you'll probably have to take the pack out and investigate behind the electronics board and orange end board...

Not sure how to test those with pack in place, though I think it can be done.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts