1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice. I couldn't run a wheel and tire combo like that. Throughout california the roads are riddled with potholes that are known for destroying rims and even suspension. On my street there is one that actually are 4 feet wide and 8" deep and a couple others that are about 2' wide. Freeways are ok as long as you are not going to San Fransisco as those freeways have some serious holes that a person could probably use as cover from enemy fire or even mortar attack. Last time i was through there i hit one or two of those at speed and poo almost came out as I tried to recover in single cab ranger. Deep slow breathing was required for about 5 minutes as i almost lost control and went off the freeway. Semi trailer in front of me actually had its tires off the ground after hitting it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A quick follow-up on fitment.

I gently stretched out the centers of both front fenders that are at the top of the fender gap. Since both my fenders are slightly damaged from two separate fender-bender accidents, I did not care if I'd cause further damage. So, instead of some elaborate procedure (like fender rolling or the phone book method), I just pulled out with my hands and was able to get about 1/2" gentle arch outwards. It is barely noticeable and only if you new they were flat before.

That was enough to create the needed clearance in the front, no more rubbing.

Because the stretch was so minor, I think this could be done cleanly fairly easy, without damage to the paint. And the car still looks stock , not some wierd wide-fender street racer wannabe ...

Now, the front tires do seem to protrude slightly out from the bumper width, but other than this front view, no noticeable changes from stock in terms of wheel/tire width.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4QPb8l5cM9RPas1H3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts