Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a while for anyone that had previously installed this radio with no luck so I bought it in hopes it would fit correctly in my car.

Turns out to fit great with plenty of room to still use the shifter normally and have full access to the HVAC controls.

Stereo is a SSL DD7CPA-S

Has android auto and apple car play. Pans left/right/up/down and also has vertical adjustment. Sound quality is as good as any of your normal brands such as pioneer in my opinion.

Only negative id point out is the access to the cup holders. Still usable just can require some dodging with big cans/bottles.

Radio Gear shift Satellite radio Motor vehicle Plant
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Few questions if you don't mind.

How is driving with this at night? I've always sorta been curious about these things but am worried that I'll get bothered/distracted by the brightness when driving at night.

How long did it take to install?

Did you need to splice any wires or was it a simple plug in?
This one has functional dimming when the headlights are turned on similar to OEM. It is a bit brighter then I'd like but not so much to detract from my night vision. It does just bolt in the stock location.

Approx 8 wire connections need to be made, I always recommend an adaptor harness that way the OEM radio can be reinstalled and all the wiring work can be done outside of the car.

Install took approximately 15 minutes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Day and night settings are independently adjusted in the settings as others have mentioned. the flip from day to night is triggered when headlights are off/on.

Still a bit bright but not obnoxious. I might had a layer or tint to the display of it bothers me to much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts