Honda Insight Forum banner
541 - 560 of 586 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Wow what a hit. Glad to know it saved the oil pan. The belly panel and hardware is much easier to fix and or replace than the oil pan.

If you need another hardware kit let me know.

Thanks for posting the pictures,
Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need underpanels

I see you are making a kit. Mine are still there but in terrible shape and rattle around like crazy. I tried fabricating a bracket but it did not hold up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Scott. Hung out with several fellow Insight owners as the mid-atlantic maintenance day a few weeks back. A few of them had your underbody panel, and it looked great. Just posting here to "get on the list" or order one, whichever is appropriate. Gonna need the whole kit with hardware . . . and any tips for renewing the side fastener mounts. My front and back mounts are great, but all 4 side mounts were torn out completely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Can anyone lead me to the P/N for the little brackets that attach to the underside of the front rad support. The one Scott mentions that easily get bent up. The underbody panel then attaches to them.

Mine are beyond repair. I'd like to order some new ones, however rooting around on Majestic Honda's site, I can't seem to find them.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
They are listed in the BUMPERS section, item #3,
71102-S3Y-000

Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed Scott's Front Underbody Panel

Scott sent me two panels last week, one for my 2000 red insight and another for my dad's. They came in great shape and fit perfectly.

The biggest issue with installing them is fixing all the mounting points.

1. The front bumper brackets (x2) seem pretty rugged I just had to bend mine out so they would align with the mounts. Also my bumper wasn't fastened to these two mounts so I needed two extra push fasteners to attach the bumper back on the frame mount.

2. The interior wheel well covers (black plastic) were pretty beat up at least at the mounting holes and any existing fasteners had to be cut off (they were seized). That being said there is plenty of material here to either shift the mounts slightly or glue on new plastic and drill new mounting holes.

Also my car didn't have the front strakes but I purchased and installed new ones (~$35 each from majestic honda) prior to installing the underbody panel. You need these to mount Scott's underbody panel.

3. I am not sure what the rear is supposed to mount to. There are two metal brackets with holes on the rear corners but they are about 2 inches away from any mounting holes on the underbody panel Scott made. I will eventually fabricate a couple of brackets that extent these mounts so they hold up the rear of the panel but even without the rear fastened the panel is very sturdy.

See pictures here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/royZUTjZjtyZa21r2

Thanks again Scott, this is a fairly inexpensive and easy repair and you have provided a panel that I am sure is better than the original.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks, tracking down every missing bracket on the underside of these things requires persistence. I now find myself looking in the ditch everywhere I go hoping I will find a aero panel or bracket I am missing. I didn't mean Scott put the holes in the wrong spot, just indicating my mounts were not where they should be.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,602 Posts
Scott is out of town till at least Tuesday. (On a ROAD CALL) CALL him then.

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed Scotts panal a month ago and I am very pleased with the difference it makes on my 2001 Insight. Had no front panals before. Car coasts better. Quieter. Better gas mileage (best ever). Consistantly 65-70 mpg here in New Mexico. Thank you Scott!

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Belly panel update

Good evening,

I am currently working on a batch of 15 panels that will be available late this week. Ten of them will be available for shipping 5 of them are for current orders.

The current price for a panel shippped with hardware is $120.00 USD. This price is for USPS Priority shipping to a US address. Shipped to Canada UPS is $145.00. Other shipping to other international addresses is available however is by quote.

If you would like to see the panel and installation please see my YouTube Video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=207s&v=UY6hysqBB4g

When ordering please include the type of transmission MT or CVT. Be sure to include your shipping info in the PayPal instructions.

My PayPal address is: [email protected]

Correspondence can be by PM through the forum or email [email protected]

Sandz, thank you for nice review.

Thank you all,
Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Belly Panel

Ordered a panel last weekend from Scott for my 01 CVT.

Part arrived well packed, and looked GREAT.

I actually had all the original plastic panels still installed.

Took them off and installed the new panel, fit was perfect.

Thanks Again, for making a first class product.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Amazing

I hope this is not necroposting...

I vouch for this 125%!!

SCOTT.. your design works so well!!

65000 miles, killed several semi-poop icebergs I could not dodge..
bent it straight a few times.. still perfect even with a bit of corrosion.. all good! Even the anti rattle 5 speed strips are intact!

I am pondering tucking the exhaust UP a bit, deleting muffler, wrapping for heat, and making a second full pan from the front wheels back. ....unless you have ideas then Ill just buy from you.;)

One of the icebergs I could NOT dodge tore the entire right side factory plastic off... front wheel to back wheel... this be why the pondering.

I think aluminum from your front pan back to the butt of the car would be really cool..

Thoughts?

Ken

·
Registered
64 Posts
I figured I'd add to the list. I bought from him a few months ago. Panel is great all hardware was included, was missing the strips for the manual transmission part, but havnt noticed any issues. Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Thank you both for the kind words.

There was a panel that made it out without the rub strips on it. My apologies, please PM me your address and I will send you a set, you can peel and stick them on next time you do an oil change.

Thanks,
Scott

541 - 560 of 586 Posts