·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K I'm gonna say up front... I'm being snarky.

Hey, here's a way to see all the ebay Insight sales in one place... Go to ebay!
No need to spam them here.

o.k. ... turning snark off. :)
I'm not spamming them here, I'm just helping fellow members that may be interested in one that they didn't see. If you're not interested in one, simply look somewhere else on the forum.

If I read correctly, this is the insight ebay related section...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Bought the 78k 2001 Automatic with Sunroof from St Loius, Mo. Driving it to Huntsville, AL this cold Saturday. Paid $5385, plus $180 one way rental car. Will need to order one of the battery charge/discharge units as my daily commute is 12 miles round trip. 10 years from now, it should only be 130k miles. Needed a dependable car, hope this one lasts me well into the future.

Figure if I treat her right, will always be able to get my money back. Low miles from these cars should be a great thing in the future as gas will go back up. If it does not, I will still be saving ~100 gallons a year.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought the 78k 2001 Automatic with Sunroof from St Loius, Mo. Driving it to Huntsville, AL this cold Saturday. Paid $5385, plus $180 one way rental car. Will need to order one of the battery charge/discharge units as my daily commute is 12 miles round trip. 10 years from now, it should only be 130k miles. Needed a dependable car, hope this one lasts me well into the future.

Figure if I treat her right, will always be able to get my money back. Low miles from these cars should be a great thing in the future as gas will go back up. If it does not, I will still be saving ~100 gallons a year.
Good deal man, I was watching that to see what it went for. You may not need a charger, just be sure to "stretch its legs" every couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts

What are you driving right now? And I want to warn you, you will probably not see over 50-55mpg going to work and back. My commute is 12 miles round trip as well (ironically) and unless you drive in the middle of the day when it's hottest, I can't get over 51-55mpg round trip. In the summer it's close to 60,but still. Short commutes kill mpg. As for longevity, mine has 309k miles if that's any indication.

Good deal man, I was watching that to see what it went for. You may not need a charger, just be sure to "stretch its legs" every couple of weeks.
Wrong, everyone should have a grid charger and charge twice a year! It's like changing your oil, preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I bid on this. Can't believe it sold for nearly $2400. Crazy.
Yeah, I hope the buyer wakes up sober and realizes what he's done.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
36 Posts
What are you driving right now? And I want to warn you, you will probably not see over 50-55mpg going to work and back. My commute is 12 miles round trip as well (ironically) and unless you drive in the middle of the day when it's hottest, I can't get over 51-55mpg round trip. In the summer it's close to 60,but still. Short commutes kill mpg. As for longevity, mine has 309k miles if that's any indication.

Wrong, everyone should have a grid charger and charge twice a year! It's like changing your oil, preventative maintenance.
I was driving a 2004 Subaru Outback with 160k miles at 20mpg, but head is leaking oil so parked it. Then got my wife's 2004 Ford Freestar parked, quit on me day auction was ending. It's leaking/burning oil and only got 20mpg as well. Going to get her van running first then work on Subaru engine.

Saturday changed the oil and filter (missing a 10mm bolt on one of the plastic underbelly parts), and the mpg is climbing on the Honda, at 46.2 on it currently. I think 50 is approachable, the air filter and cabin filter (be interesting to see if the plastic bar is still there after 14 years) are next to change out. Also need to replace the switches in the panel for trip/km. When the weather warms up, going to fix the rear defroster, it is too cold for conductive epoxy at present to cure and do not want to shock the glass (nor bring it in the house). I have not noticed any wet areas in the car, but the glass has fogged up (may be a slight leak somewhere, according to my dad). I use a microfiber cloth on them before I leave now, if they do fog up. Also no notch on the engine compartment VIN, read the notch is done when one of the recalls is performed. The recall shows nothing in the vin search on Honda, but says to call a number to check if the recall was a long time ago if searching by model. I hope to swap the switches out during the time "if "they have yet to fix the lighting connector/pin swap.

The battery was swapped out in 2011 according to some notes in the manual, and seeing as it had a Honda filter on it - bet it was a Honda battery too. Might be some warranty left to it? Is there a date code on the IMA battery that I can verify this with? I had to pull over every 10-15 miles on the way home to dis/reconnect the neg terminal before realizing there was a reason some trips were longer before an IMA popped up (thankfully read enough forums to wing it). The remaining 300 or so miles, no IMA light and made it over Mont Eagle Mountain with no issues. I changed how I drove and avoided using assist and forced a charge as often as I could (as my dad said, the car trained me how it wanted to be driven). Love the car dispite these little issues. My wife's biggest complaint is it is "unsafe" and I have no room to carry a family in. I bought it for a reliable work vehicle. The last 2 vehicles were family vehicles, it was my turn.

Only had 1 IMA since I have been home, the day after I got it back (drove it in sport mode, etc. as I wanted to see if the long trip made it any better). A grid charger I think is in order, but will be a bit before I can get one. Just going to be the trained monkey, and do what makes the car happy for now.

·
Super Moderator
4,733 Posts
You need to start grid charging NOW. It's only going to get worse, and you need to balance it before it's too late.

Sam

·
Registered
36 Posts
You need to start grid charging NOW. It's only going to get worse, and you need to balance it before it's too late.

Sam
Babying the battery/insight until I can afford the time and funds to get a grid charger and install it. Is there an easy location to get a voltage reading? I have been curious to get a reading, but have not had time to do a tear down to get to it. Hoping this is a 56-hr week to help with the funds.

Edit: 48.8mpg and still steadily climbing, amazing diff an oil and filter change can make. Tuesday, gets new air filters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts