Honda Insight Forum banner

--1st Gen Insights currently on ebay--

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Bheleu 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
I'm not spamming them here, I'm just helping fellow members that may be interested in one that they didn't see. If you're not interested in one, simply look somewhere else on the forum.

If I read correctly, this is the insight ebay related section...

#6 · (Edited)
Bought the 78k 2001 Automatic with Sunroof from St Loius, Mo. Driving it to Huntsville, AL this cold Saturday. Paid $5385, plus $180 one way rental car. Will need to order one of the battery charge/discharge units as my daily commute is 12 miles round trip. 10 years from now, it should only be 130k miles. Needed a dependable car, hope this one lasts me well into the future.

Figure if I treat her right, will always be able to get my money back. Low miles from these cars should be a great thing in the future as gas will go back up. If it does not, I will still be saving ~100 gallons a year.

#7 ·
Good deal man, I was watching that to see what it went for. You may not need a charger, just be sure to "stretch its legs" every couple of weeks.

#16 ·
You need to start grid charging NOW. It's only going to get worse, and you need to balance it before it's too late.

Sam

#17 · (Edited)
Babying the battery/insight until I can afford the time and funds to get a grid charger and install it. Is there an easy location to get a voltage reading? I have been curious to get a reading, but have not had time to do a tear down to get to it. Hoping this is a 56-hr week to help with the funds.

Edit: 48.8mpg and still steadily climbing, amazing diff an oil and filter change can make. Tuesday, gets new air filters.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.