Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been using mobile 1 0w20 advance fuel economy and waiting til the warning comes on to change the oil. This happened about the time my car came due for inspection, so I changed it as its harder to pass with an error message on your car.

While under the car I saw 5 of the push pins were missing, 3 philip head screws and 2 push pins were loose. I also broke one and luckly had a bag I bought from some Chineese ebay vendor to replace them.

I placed a pin in every hole it would fit, I made sure that it went through all plastic panels as well as any metal surfaces under that. I replaced all screws I could and used some zip ties to close off the access panels to change the fog lamp bulbs. So, it was tight and secure.

I went from 51 to 53 mpg and its seems less impacted by speed too.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hey Cobb, I'm about to order a bag of those push pins. I'm bound to screw the pooch on a few when I change the fluids, etc.

Can you point me to a link on eBay of the ones you ordered?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
I could use two of those because my bumper hangs loose, assuming they are the right size or close enough to keep the thing in place. ..The price is so cheap but I have no use for the rest of the lot of 20, anyone who bought/buys them who wants to send two my way, I'll pay the postage or whatever, send me a PM if you can spare two.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see you have a first gen Insight, we have the 2nd. Are you able to measure a clip to make sure the size is correct? The peg should be 10mm round.

Ive been through quite a few clips as I find my oil changes clash withte cold weather as well as other modifications. Cold weather and those clips do not go well together.

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
Yes, I know its a different generation and you are talking about a different place for the clips to go too, but I just measured and the hole is 3/8" which is just a tiny hair narrower than 10mm. The head size of 20mm is slightly smaller but close enough to where it won't be a problem. They measure out to be snug on the 1st gen bumper and I could use two, or maybe three so I have a spare.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I also broke one and luckly had a bag I bought from some Chineese ebay vendor to replace them. """""
Why would you do that? How expensive can they be? So much for "buying American"!
ps, this snarky comment is meant in fun. Ad parody, not to be taken seriously. Don't get your nuts in a bunch.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I use ebay over the years to get the same products I buy locally for a fraction of the price, even when or if shipping is added.

Last time I went to a napa dealer they wants 140 bucks for a u1 battery and 60 bucks for an anderson connector. Neither were in stock and had to be ordered. When I asked about wax they showed me a bottle of something called booty wax. If those Americans wanted my business they did a poor job of it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I lost my original aero-pan after a dealer oil change and they had to order me a new one.
The mileage most definitely went down 1 to 2 mpg on the highway w/o the belly pan on!
Oh and the dealer covered the pan cost :) I just had to wait a week...

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I said, LOL. My dealer wanted 4.95 each. I may other another bag just incase the price of plastic goes up in China.

PS, I sent MN Driver a few. He said they fit his car too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I lost my original aero-pan after a dealer oil change and they had to order me a new one.
I'm about to get my oil changed at the dealer for the first time. What is this pan everyone is talking about? How would I check it beforehand so I'd know if it was missing later and or missing these pins?

Thanks,
Geoff

·
Registered
790 Posts
The plastic shrouding bits underneath the Insight. It helps provide less resistance from the air as well as you drive, less cubby holes for air to rise into and build resistance.

Take a look under your Insight. You'll see.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just ordered a bag of those clips.

Need to do my 1st oil change soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts