Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
They probably let the air out of your tires if you were running high, or even recommended pressure.

Every mechanic would let air out of my tires even when I was running the factory recommended 38/38 in my I1... when I started running max sidewall, they would come running saying "whew, I fixed your car, it was about to blow up" and let it down to 30/30 or 32/32.

Sam

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, the tires have the same pressure b4 and after ... i was thinking that the blockiness of the rears brought forward could perhaps equal more friction and hence lower mpg ... it's no biggie either way

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
MPG increases from an oil change when you leave it in too long. The oil gets too dirty and stop lubricating like it use to. I havent seen a mpg change in cvt fluid change, just the way it performs.

In my case this happens as I have -3 degrees of camber. The front wheels wear slightly unevenly so for the first thousand or so the mpg is a tad lower, then as they wear it comes back.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not suprised.
Regardless of alignment, after a while, wear patterns develop.
Cobb is correct, camber is effecting it. Each wheel will be slightly different.
Rotating evens tire wear.
Give em 1000k mi, and tell us what MPG is.
Suspect that after a little wear, MPG will be back!!:D

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
didn't even take that long ... with about 500 miles since the rotation the mpg is back to (and above) where it was before

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing