Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, yeah, I know: Big deal.

But it is to me. I would go 1 week max with my other car, burning premium too, and it gets a respectable 29-30 mpg on my 65 mile round trip commute. I would get just over 300 miles/tank, 350 at most.

I get mediocre Inight mpg's, compared to some here since getting mine about 2 months ago. Usually mid-60's for each trip, and when it got (slightly)warm briefly, over 70. But I drive 95% interstate at 70 mph, and there is not a level section the whole route. Up and down continuously, with some fairly big long hills, so I think those numbers are pretty good.

Cool! :wink:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Heh, ok so my "commute" is nothing near that, but I'm going on week 5 of no gas stops. In fact the Insight has become my secondary transportation for running errands. I've been driving the GEM electric to school 5 miles and back. But while comming home from work last night the low fuel idiot light finally came on so I'm going to have to break down and get gas next time I go anywhere more than a few miles.

Still, for the conditions those figures are pretty decent if I do say so myself.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Holicow and Rick:

___I only wish I could fill up every 2 weeks to a month +. It’s every 4 days if I like it or not and hopefully 5 days when we actually do hit 50 + for a week at a time … 6? Well I don’t think the Insight has 1,150 miles in her unless I can find the patience of someone like Rick Reese ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:2apcexc5][email protected][/email:2apcexc5]

·
Registered
243 Posts
(you'll probably hate me for this...)

My New Years resoluation was to log all the gasoline usage so I can say how many gallons I use in a year. So I filled up my insight Dec 31st. Since then I've put about 500 miles on it and have about 1/3 of a tank left. My gas cap must be getting lonely. :cry: It'll see more daylight when I drive down to Austin TX in a few weeks.

BTW, my daily commute vehicle has 2 wheels and pedals. It gets snow tires, not my insight.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi All:
flunkysama said:
BTW, my daily commute vehicle has 2 wheels and pedals.
___Located in Iowa City, that takes some perseverance in the winter and all …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:373mfve8][email protected][/email:373mfve8]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flunkysama said:
BTW, my daily commute vehicle has 2 wheels and pedals. It gets snow tires, not my insight.
:p

I would if I could, but it's just a little too far...

But I do ride everyday. On the trainer if it is raining or just too cold (or dark). I hate that thing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Holicow,
Perhaps we will have a insight road rally this year. At last years gathering with Diego we discussed some of his S2000 trips. Anyway western NC has some nice scenery that might get you to drop down to a lower speed to both enjoy the scenery and mpg readout.

Wayne,
I think I could beat 1150 miles but it would require a speed of under 50 mph. I guess spring starts in a week but I may get my first 1000+ mile tank of 2004 on Thursday. (I have 890 miles now and just dropped to 2 bars of fuel so it looks very achieveable, FCD is 97.7). Have fun, Rick

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Rick Reese:

___I am just hoping for warmer weather again :( It turned cold again here in the Chicago area over the past 2 weeks. I had a nice 89.5 mpg/96.0 mile segment to work this afternoon in sunny and dry 33 - 36 degree F temps and a 76.6 mpg/96 mile segment on the way back a few minutes ago. The trip back was with a 10 - 15 mph headwind for ~ ½ the trip home and snow/sleet/rain mix for the entire trip which surely didn’t help :( In any case, it is time to fill her up again and at far less mileage then my last tank. I have 0 bars showing at 856 miles w/ 82.0 mpg on the Trip A and B (my Tank) currently. I could probably squeeze another 100 miles out of her but I have been on the low fuel light for ~ 45 miles already. My last tank was 965 miles so I cannot wait to hit my first 1,000 mile tank in the next few weeks :D

___In the mean time, I sure hope the warm air mods have only got me into the ball park for the winter driving season with much high fuel economy numbers to appear later with 50 + degree F temperatures and with our soon to arrive summer gasoline mix?

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:15ynozol][email protected][/email:15ynozol]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xcel said:
...I had a nice 89.5 mpg/96.0 mile segment to work this afternoon...
Whoa...

You must have a great job, a great home location, or both! Is that a daily drive?

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Holicow:

___Both actually. My former plant location was shut down but I was offered the same position some 95 + miles away. The wife’s job pays almost as much as mine and she didn’t want to move … Our present home’s location is a few orders of magnitude better then the other plant location … The distance sucks but “Book’s on Tape” and “Books on CD” make the trip bearable. And yes, that is the daily one way commute :(

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:1qw4m3z7][email protected][/email:1qw4m3z7]

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow :shock:

But this is interesting: You burn about the same amount each day that I did with my other car (a relatively efficient one), and drive 3 times farther.... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts