Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some shopping around as my 60k normal maintenance became due and found that Tires Plus is offering a $20 inspection of a car. (I don't think it's just a Florida thing.) It covers all the parts that need to be inspected under the normal 60k maintenance schedule (as well as other maintenance intervals that need A B and C done. You also get a nice sheet of the inspected parts to keep for your records. Of course, I had to do my own oil change ($20), air filter ($15), cabin filter ($15), and I am going to do the first MTF fluid change due to the age of the car (2000), but it sure beats paying the dealer to tell me my car was ok.

I've read too many posts about people paying too much for service during maintenance intervals, so hopefully this will save other Insighters some $$$.

·
Registered
466 Posts
be aware that they will probably not know jack about working on an Insight. the first place i took mine to for an annual inspection said they couldnt inspect it because it had electric brakes and didnt know how to inspect them!!! i edjumicated them and they did the work. they learned a lot. :)

do it yourself.....

·
Registered
466 Posts
the place in question is owned by a "good ole boy" type. i thought i was in a modern version of "deliverance". it was reccomended to me by a friend. my one and only visit. oink! ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts