Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a **USED** 2000-2006 Honda Insight Hybrid IMA High Voltage Battery + Grid Charger. Battery was disconnected from a 2006 Honda Insight MT in January of 2019 at approximately 256K miles with a lifetime fuel economy of 62.9 MPG. It was reconnected and used briefly two or three times since, and was completely removed last month (June 2019).

I drove the car with the hybrid battery installed for several months. The only issue I had was a charging issue that was completely resolved by replacing the ground straps.

Battery is an OEM Honda battery, not a lower quality aftermarket product. It is unknown whether it is the original battery or not, however it being the original battery seems unlikely due to how well it performs. The battery shows strong charge, stays fully charged on the highway and rarely goes below 70% charge when driven aggressively around town. Due to the nature of these car's limited capacity, the battery will drain on long mountain passes, but this is the case with brand new batteries as well.

Battery was removed from my car for weight reduction and to gain more storage space in the rear of the car, not from any hybrid system malfunction.

INCLUDED FREE:
- A generic grid charger is included with the battery and is already wired in for ease of use. It is recommended to grid charge the battery completely post-installation before using.
- IMA fan and cooling duct are included as shown in pictures. The grid charger will already be wired into the fan to save you time in installation.

Price is $900 OBO for InsightCentral members. Battery is being sold AS IS. Additional pictures are available upon request. Reasonable offers will be considered. This is a fully functioning, OEM Honda battery that performed well and showed no trouble codes when installed.

May meet up or ship at buyer's expense. Picking it up yourself is recommended. Located near Grand Rapids, Michigan.

EDIT: I also have other parts from the IMA system in the rear from my IMA delete available for those interested.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

1 - 2 of 2 Posts