Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2000 Silver with blue bumper Insight 5 speed that I used to commute and my kids used as first car. The bad: Mega miles232,399. Needs rear brake cylinder and needs new engine compartment battery. Standard tires need to be replaced. The good: new starter battery 11/14/20, Comes with - grid charger, extra set of rims with good snows mounted, extra engine, extra 5 speed, extra electric motor, extra battery pack, extra doors, trunk, seats, and various other parts I pulled off a Blue Manual Trans 2001 of mine that got totaled. The eng and trans from the 2001 is better than the ones in the car. I am looking to clean out everything not part out - too busy and need room now. $700 reduced to $650 obo for it all. Located in East Hampton Connecticut. PM me. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Miles on the car 232,399. New starter battery installed 11/14/20 at 232,399 miles.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
339 Posts
What's the brake situation on the runner? Driveable, even if in gas only mode (i.e., with IMA pack disconnected)?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the brake situation on the runner? Driveable, even if in gas only mode (i.e., with IMA pack disconnected)?
Brake situation is the same my son is lazy. He did put a new start battery in and it fired up no issues. I expect that if the grid charger is put on for 2 days and the snows are put on and the brake fixed its drivable. The boy is supposed to put the snows on and fix the brake so I can move the car and do maintenace on other cars out in the snow in december.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
339 Posts
My favorite. Driveway work on cars in the snow. I know it well.

Place to work if I wanted to fix the brake?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My favorite. Driveway work on cars in the snow. I know it well.

Place to work if I wanted to fix the brake?
Currently, it is in the only flat spot in my driveway which is the place where I work. I will have my son change the tires and look at the brake cylinder.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts