Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I can convince my wife to part company with her car. It’s been sitting in the driveway for like the last four years. When it was last driven, we limped home with a bad throw out bearing. It’s a manual shift. Small crack from stone chip in windshield but never been in an accident. The paint is looking faded in places and one tire has a slow leak. The IMA battery was replaced at 120,000 miles and I think the total mileage is around 136,000. Probably best used for parts. I’ll open the hood today and see if I can get it started. You’d probably need to tow it or put it on a flatbed. I’m about 20 miles north of Detroit. Any offers? I’ll know more later today. Fred in Warren, Michigan.

·
Super Moderator
7,989 Posts
Clear accident record and reasonable mileage are pluses. If the IMA battery was working when parked, a long grid charge "might" bring it back. Did the transmission grind on second gear downshift?

Some mechanically inclined member might take it over and fix the throw out bearing.

Put a price on it, and some pictures inside and out, including driver's seat, would help.

·
Registered
Location in post
4 Posts
I've got a friend in the area who might be able to pick it up. I'd be interested in pictures and a price.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
Hover over his avatar and it will be revealed.

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
794 Posts
Fred - I live in SE Clinton Township, but am currently in Chicago. I'll be back Monday evening. I'd be glad to come over and have a look at it. Is there a connection for a grid charger. If so I can bring mine over (assuming it has the same grid charger wiring harness). Seems like this car is too good to let sit and replacing the throwout bearing is not difficult. Send me a 'Conversation' if you'd like me to stop by Tuesday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts