Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am trying to sell my 2000 Citrus Yellow Insight as we have a baby on the way and already have an 02 red Insight. I thought I'd post it here because I had an offer on it yesterday but the person didn't like the colour and would have it repainted silver (!!!!). The thought of repainting a citrus filled me with horror.

It's been in my wife's family since it was bought new in 2000. It has 158k km (98k miles) on it. The clutch and MCM were replaced in 2009, the battery in 2008. The battery could use some reconditioning or replacing as it seems to have less capacity than my red Insight and has started recalibrating itself randomly. The car has been in one accident years ago - hit some slush on the highway and ended up in the ditch - which was all fixed up under insurance. There are some scrapes in the paint and a crack on the bumper. It has a JVC Kameleon anti-theft radio with external plug-in, "stealth box" small subwoofer hidden in the IMA framework, and an amplifier under the passenger seat. There is cruise control installed, my understanding is that there were issues with the computer so it was disconnected and not used since. It is the Rostra model.

We have recently (finally!) received compliance letters from both Honda Canada and Honda USA so we can actually sell it in the USA. The car is currently in Victoria, BC.

Here is a link to the ad : *RARE* 2000 Honda Insight Citrus Yellow 5MT

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

There are some minor door dings on the above picture but they don't come out. :(

The Rostra cruise control arm & Kameleon deck.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Is it Canadian model or us? How is the oxidation/rust of the metals? I am interested. I have wanted a citrus for a while.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Did that come with cruise control? If not, do you recall how much it was to install it?

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Cruise control never has been an option. Aftermarket kit that costs about $300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts