Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Located in Tiffin Ohio Engine and transmission for sale from a 2000 Honda Insight with approximately 140,000 miles on both of them.
The engine ran great and I’m asking $300.
The transmission worked great other than when downshifting third to second I believe it grinded. I’m asking $200
I would let to get a set of gaz rear shocks if someone local would like to do trading

I pulled this out due to swapping in a civic type r engine. I have no need for it anymore

·
Premium Member
Chicago & Detroit
1,202 Posts
If people knew where you were located you might get a better response. Add it to your signature. I might be interested in the trans

·
Registered
250 Posts
Might be interested at $350 for both ($200 for the motor/150 for the trans) Does it include the engine harness at all? or say mounts?

·
Registered
179 Posts
2000 upper cat

Hi,
is the upper cat from the 2000 engine available?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, so downshifting from 3rd to 2nd grind I can probably live with. Is it the case that if you shift to neutral, take clutch off, then switch to 2nd you don't grind? That is, are there any tricks you use to avoid continually grinding from 3rd to 2nd?

I have a fairly high mileage insight and can't yet bear the ~$1300 or so for a totally rebuilt transmission so this possibly could be the ticket combined with the whole clutch kit /ISB replacement to save a decent amount of money and get back to where I was.

I had a manual that was doing the 3rd to 2nd grind, and never really bothered me. But it started popping out of 3rd and that was just kind of unsafe.

Wondering if I figured out how to ship from Ohio to massachusetts if you'd be able to package it up in anything sturdy, not sure if that's on the books for what you have lying around with materials and equipment.

I am only looking for the transmission

·
Registered
179 Posts
2000 Manual Cat

And I still need a catalytic converter, please, if you are going to be pulling parts off the engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts