Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
For Sale: 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid
Engine: 1.0l 3 cylinder IMA (Integrated Motor Assist)
Battery: BumbleBee Batteries BeeMax Replacement (purchased in 2015)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manuel
Milage: 96,xxx, on engine and chassis, about 20,xxx on the BeeMax Battery.
Title: Salvage
Price: $2000

Selling my daily driver for the last 4 years. It gets amazing gas milage in city, and even better milage on the highway. The car is 19 years old but the engine runs just as strong as the day she rolled off the assembly line. As due most things over time things go bad. After doing some research via insightcental.net and the North American G1 Insight group on facebook, I found out that the even though BumbleBee Batteries are far superior than OEM, they don’t last the test of time. The battery does work most of the time, but it is overheats. I’ve been lead to believe it is one stick in the battery that is not balanced and needs replacing. The other thing that it might be is a bad temperature sensor. If you know about Insights you can research this issue more and find ways to fix it. I don’t have time to fix it so I am letting it go for a good price. With out the battery, I’ve been averaging 50 MPG city/highway. This is the top of the line Insight with the air conditioning and rear speakers behind the seats. Oil changed every 3,000 miles since its been in my ownership. It also has a K&N drop in air filter. Most recent major maintenance is a new OEM radiator, head gasket, resurfaced and cleaned head, crank seal gasket, IMA battery fan. The oil /oil filter was just changed at 95,500 miles. The car has a little bit of a rough idle, new OEM spark plugs would fix the issue. Over all the car is amazing and besides the battery not being perfect it has some cosmetic issues but runs and drives great.

Text me 505-321-1309

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Potentially interested in the car. PM and text sent.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
What's the deal with the salvage title? Do you mean salvage rebuilt?

I have about 17 bumble bee sticks you could have if you felt like replacing your bad sticks. It's really not all to hard. They're older but what you probably having is a stick that's leaking electrolyte onto the PTC stripes. This is bad as it's putting the 12v system in contact with the 144v system and could lead to a fire. Peter has a pretty good video descirbing this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts