Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

In the next couple of weeks, I will be putting my 2000 Honda Insight up for sale in Austin, Texas. I love it but am moving soon and have a toddler, which makes it impractical for my current needs.

The car has 145K miles with a lifetime of 44mpg -- evidently I don't have quite the driving discipline of the high milers on this forum. At 55mph on the highway, the car is currently getting 60mpg in midday heat of summer.

Cosmetically, the car has a couple of issues (peeling paint on the driver side mirror where I got overzealous at the car was and a scrape on the rear left wheel panel where somebody sideswiped me in a parking lot and drove off.) I can take care of these issues at a local shop (I was recently quoted $500 to fix the two issues above) or leave as is for the next owner.

If you're interested and in the Austin area, please be in touch to discuss the above, price, etc. and to test drive.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello Mike, I would like a little more info on your car and possibly some pics of interior and exterior.Is it a 5spd or cvt ?How is the ima battery ? Does it still have original plugs, tires, brake pads ? Does a/c work correctly ? Thanks, Kevin @ 361-658-613zero or [email protected] P.S. I live close by(for Texas) in Goliad 77963.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin,*

I don't have pics at the moment but I would put the interior/exterior at around a B/B- for its age. Solid but not excellent, showing expected signs of age on paint and a tiny chip in the windshield.

I'm having some cosmetic touch up and detailing done this week. Should be all ready to go and officially on the market by next Friday, 8/3 or so.*

It's a 5 speed manual.*

Re maintainence, I'm the second owner. I bought the car in 2007 when it had approximately 100k miles. I think the previous owner got a new IMA system through Hondas warranty program. I've had no issues with the IMA over the last 5 years. AC also works fine and has never had any issues during my ownership of the car. I've replaced the catalytic converter, brakes (recently), tires (recently), 12v battery (recently), EGR, and O2 sensor. I've also done regular oil changes using quality synthetic oil. I encourage any prospective buyer to have the car checked out by a reliable third party so if that's of interest, let me know. Also let me know if you have any other questions I haven't covered here.*

Thanks,*
Mike*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts