Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I just recently purchased replacements liftgate struts for my 2000 Honda Insight, and I am having trouble figuring out how to put them on. My Insight don't seem to have the metal clip that allows the old ones to come off of the ball bearing.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the part in arrowed in this photo? A guy at Auto Zone told me to lightly tap it with a mallet, but before I go ahead and do that and ruin something, I thought I would ask all of you first. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
just use a wrench to unscrew it. I will go outside see what size it is right now...

·
Registered
762 Posts
yes, there are 12mm, you need to use an open end wrench, and a 14 mm for the others.
They are pretty self explanatory to put on, maybe the auto parts guy sold you something different.

·
Registered
2002 Monte Carlo Blue CVT
274 Posts
Always do the bottom bolts first, removal and attachment. If you don't, particularly on installation, after installing the top bolts, you will find it very hard to get the bottom 14 mm bolts on. Bottom first, off and on.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,920 Posts
7 year old thread, I hope he got it right.

·
Super Moderator
660 Posts
This recommended reading feature must be surfacing ancient posts for people. I personally ignore that stupid feature completely, however there has been a spate of necros lately. I've made many of them disappear again.

Folks really need to look at the last post date before hammering out a reply.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts